Robby & Toyo part ways?

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
The question is not whether Robby can source 40" tires (from China or elsewhere). The question is whether Robby can source 40" tires that are competitive with BFG and Toyo, and make a profit doing it.

It's the profit part that is tricky. I'm not questioning Robby's ability.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Given what BFG and Toyo charge for 40” race tires I think there is a lot of profit on the table.

But I get that both of those also leverage the racing programs to sell DOT tires.

Given the family of products speed has it can’t hurt to have a bunch of guys running and promoting speed race tires.

The amount of impressions we create for Toyo is pretty impressive.

Mike

Advertising supports this site

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
When it comes time to fork over cash to buy tires I will spend the extra few hundred dollars gladly remembering who had warmth down in La Purisima, who had water when I was sweating to death up by Mikes, who bled our clutch laying in the dirt before climbing the Mano Summit. The same guys that wait around for us to get shyt together the morning we head home for the border.

I’m sure I’m one of a few hundred who have a relationship like this with BFG. And I’m just a nobody in a 10 car.

I tell all of my friends the same stories probably to the point where they’re sick of hearing them, but I think it helps them understand that they aren’t just supporting a corporate giant when they make the purchase, the money is being spent with a team of people who give back. And you’re getting the best tire money can buy. That helps as well.

How often do you get to purchase something these days and feel the connection on the other end? Robby might be able to strike that connection with people.

There’s a small family owned hardware store across the street from our farm that has been around since the 1920s I believe and is still run by Bob Fulkerson and son Kyle who is about Bens age. The prices are a little steep on some things but when you walk in you’re talking to your friend and Bob knows everything about everything. You walk in a say “hey Bob I’m trying to accomplish X” he’ll start walking and you follow him down the line. He’ll turn around with Y and Z along with instructions or tips on how to do it properly. Exactly what you’re not getting at Home Depot is what you’re paying for at their place, and you know you’re exchanging cash to help out your neighbors.

Sorry for the rant but it’s hard to find people to do business with today that offer something more than a product or leave you feeling like you’re just a $$$
Maybe that doesn’t matter to everyone, sure leaves an impact on me.

B59F7E3C-3C97-46FA-8919-7E21BB060221.jpeg
90C82D7B-4427-4D3F-A4AA-6DA92023DB26.jpeg

rampageman

RDC Crypto
When it comes time to fork over cash to buy tires I will spend the extra few hundred dollars gladly remembering who had warmth down in La Purisima, who had water when I was sweating to death up by Mikes, who bled our clutch laying in the dirt before climbing the Mano Summit. The same guys that wait around for us to get shyt together the morning we head home for the border.

I’m sure I’m one of a few hundred who have a relationship like this with BFG. And I’m just a nobody in a 10 car.

I tell all of my friends the same stories probably to the point where they’re sick of hearing them, but I think it helps them understand that they aren’t just supporting a corporate giant when they make the purchase, the money is being spent with a team of people who give back. And you’re getting the best tire money can buy. That helps as well.

How often do you get to purchase something these days and feel the connection on the other end? Robby might be able to strike that connection with people.

There’s a small family owned hardware store across the street from our farm that has been around since the 1920s I believe and is still run by Bob Fulkerson and son Kyle who is about Bens age. The prices are a little steep on some things but when you walk in you’re talking to your friend and Bob knows everything about everything. You walk in a say “hey Bob I’m trying to accomplish X” he’ll start walking and you follow him down the line. He’ll turn around with Y and Z along with instructions or tips on how to do it properly. Exactly what you’re not getting at Home Depot is what you’re paying for at their place, and you know you’re exchanging cash to help out your neighbors.

Sorry for the rant but it’s hard to find people to do business with today that offer something more than a product or leave you feeling like you’re just a $$$

I'd give this 1000 likes if i could. The relationship and service on the backend alot of times means as much, if not more than the purchased product. I'm a nobody with a 15 year old Jimco that was purchased from Robbie Pierce. I'm now a part of that family and automatically have the support that comes with it, and so far, it's been incredible, and will only get better.

Ikaika

RDC Crypto

View attachment 249135View attachment 249136
E.Hagle,

I couldn't agree more..........in short,........I call what you describe as "THE hidden VALUE".
Getting MORE than what you have paid for is a rare occurrence now days.......GOOD on them for sticking with it & GOOD on you for recognizing & making a conscious decision to be a patron to such an establishment.

It is refreshing to hear / read & know that those types of establishments are around and have a following.

Cheers.......

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Jimco Racing and Fastball Racing IG pages there are a few. Surprised how little I've heard about Jimcos Dragon or whatever they are calling their truck. Looks good though.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Ethan, great story of outstanding service. It takes a long time to earn it but can be ruined pretty quick.

I think you said you were working in the fields, but my guess is you are also working at your family’s lumber store. My guess is you are providing this same level of customer support to your customers?

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto

View attachment 249135View attachment 249136
My man…. Thank you. That was a good read.