• Forum membership has its advantages....

Robby Update Report

fishd00d

What A Joke
After spending a couple days with Nasser I can tell you 100% he is a good guy. He is NOT stuck up, He doesn't have an attitude like he's too cool or better than everyone. Him and his codriver asked as many questions as anyone. They seriously were down there to learn AND do well. Watch out next year they are coming back its a done deal.

Ok back to RG stuff. The Unicorn was done and ready but wasn't running quite right and had 0 test time after the rebuild.

This was Thursday this last week at his shop in anaheim:

Attachments

NIKAL

Ok back to RG stuff. The Unicorn was done and ready but wasn't running quite right and had 0 test time after the rebuild.

This was Thursday this last week at his shop in anaheim:
Does not look completely ready as it still looks to still have the original rear axle, hubs, lug pattern & wheels. I don’t think Robby would really enter the 1000 with two different wheels & lug patterns on the truck.

Honda48X

I heard Robby was going to no longer race BAJA because Nasser put another beating to Robby. Got to love this sport. By the way do we have any Americans that are going to race Dakar? Is Robby in? And yes that is a joke...

jon coleman

is rg& nasser gonna race at koh?, That would be a good hyped up grudge match smack down shut your face race:D

RYAN COHEE

When was the last time Robby bested Nassar straight up? I sincerely dont know the answer.

Results speak for themselves.
Simple answer is when Robby had a two Hummer/Alpha team in Dakar and Nasser quit. Also Baja is Robby's stronghold hands down.
was an event to forget for defending champion Nasser Al-Attiyah. He lost nine minutes during the first stage after his Hummer's engine lost oil pressure.[14] The Qatari went on to win the second stage, but lost over half an hour to Peterhansel in the fourth stage; winning the seventh stage had seen Al-Attiyah recover to sixth place before engine and alternator problems during the ninth stage warranted his retirement.[15] Teammate Robby Gordon was at this stage just five minutes behind Peterhansel with a win on the ninth stage, but the gap increased to 20 minutes when the American hit a rock on the tenth stage.[13] An illegal modification to his Hummer's engine then saw Gordon disqualified, though he continued to compete under appeal for the remainder of the rally.[16] He would have finished fifth in the overall classification with three further stage wins, Toyota driver Lucio Alvarez inheriting the position as a result of Gordon losing the appeal.[

Last edited: