Robby Update Report

Bricoop

Simple answer is when Robby had a two Hummer/Alpha team in Dakar and Nasser quit. Also Baja is Robby's stronghold hands down.
was an event to forget for defending champion Nasser Al-Attiyah. He lost nine minutes during the first stage after his Hummer's engine lost oil pressure.[14] The Qatari went on to win the second stage, but lost over half an hour to Peterhansel in the fourth stage; winning the seventh stage had seen Al-Attiyah recover to sixth place before engine and alternator problems during the ninth stage warranted his retirement.[15] Teammate Robby Gordon was at this stage just five minutes behind Peterhansel with a win on the ninth stage, but the gap increased to 20 minutes when the American hit a rock on the tenth stage.[13] An illegal modification to his Hummer's engine then saw Gordon disqualified, though he continued to compete under appeal for the remainder of the rally.[16] He would have finished fifth in the overall classification with three further stage wins, Toyota driver Lucio Alvarez inheriting the position as a result of Gordon losing the appeal.[
That was a ridiculous DQ. Yes, we know you've used the same system for years, yes we know you've flown us to NC and Anaheim to inspect it, but Nasser and your strong finishes are scaring the competition.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Robby update. He is wearing a blue long sleeve button up shirt today, and it’s tucked in!!! What kind of meeting is he having???

Also I would be willing to bet you will see the unicorn in Glamis this week/weekend......

jon coleman

Robby update. He is wearing a blue long sleeve button up shirt today, and it’s tucked in!!! What kind of meeting is he having???

Also I would be willing to bet you will see the unicorn in Glamis this week/weekend......
in the valvoline livery??oooooo, snap!!!

jon coleman

so Nasser got night check, nice, this guy is what desert racing needs, apple cart was getting tooo comfortable, just think whats gonna happen when mr Nasser gets more seat time....question, was andy/ bryce roll an overdriving issue , bad gps call, mech??, i said one of them would over drive trying to be the big dog

Honda48X

Bryce said he put around 2000 prerunning and hit a rock on Mikes road and rolled. I will say Toby and Nasser did great. I think all these guys both Dakar and our drivers are top notch. We have some great drivers that I think would do great in Dakar if they had the Factory support. Put Andy with a seasoned Dakar navigator and you just might have a top three driver.

Borracho Cantina

Bryce said he put around 2000 prerunning and hit a rock on Mikes road and rolled. I will say Toby and Nasser did great. I think all these guys both Dakar and our drivers are top notch. We have some great drivers that I think would do great in Dakar if they had the Factory support. Put Andy with a seasoned Dakar navigator and you just might have a top three driver.
Agreed on Andy. But Bryce rolled Dakar early too. Wah wah wah.

EMS702

Rescue 1
so Nasser got night check, nice, this guy is what desert racing needs, apple cart was getting tooo comfortable, just think whats gonna happen when mr Nasser gets more seat time....question, was andy/ bryce roll an overdriving issue , bad gps call, mech??, i said one of them would over drive trying to be the big dog
What is sad is Bryce has spectacular wins and almost more spectacular losses. We know he overdrives, and has lapses of not listening and following what co driver says. (Dakar) Oren is an amazing co driver but he lost one of the best co drivers in the business. When he crashed it was almost not surprising. I was looking forward to seeing what this pairing was going to accomplish.

Steve Marolda

I just decided.... Even if he doesn't win, I still respect Robby more than any of the other TT drivers. I mean, at least he is still building his own stuff. The hardest work the other guys have to do is signing a check to their favorite builder. Maybe they should make it like the ISDE motorcycle race.... The driver has to preform all pitting, maintenance and repair by himself, without help, during the race. Then we could find who is the most complete driver.

Last edited: