Robby's new TT

CRAIG_HALL

Robby\'s new TT

I've heard talk of a new truck here's some proof!
Trophy Truck
Anybody know who does the fabricating/design/engineering. Is this at his Anaheim shop? I talked to Roger? I think at his shop a while ago and he made it sound as if the sand/offroad cars were being built at another shop or building. Is the same crew building the cars as his TT, I'd think it not as cars are more "production" .

Pretty cool as the front bulkheads/pivot boxes are built first--I'd guess these are the only important known points to start with.

ACID_RAIN28

Re: Robby\'s new TT

He used to build his stuff at his dads garage place in OC i believe. He does own a big machine shop, mabey they other toys are made there?

Tom_Willis

they better haul ass and get some tubing cut. The B1K is 5 short months away. At this rate the paint will still be drying when they pulll up to the Ensenada Convention Center.

ACID_RAIN28

Apparently He is supposed to incorperate some nascar technology into this truck such as aerodynamics, windows, etc.

michael_loomis

he was qouted on nascar.com as saying there were 2 TT's coming ....one for him , one for a customer. I just read that a couple of days ago.

redline

the sandcars are built at the same shop but a different crew work on those. when i was at the shop a couple weeks ago all that was done on the truck arms. they still have a lot of work to do in order to have the trucks done. they are suppose to be building 3 trucks im pretty sure. the sandcars are cool because they can use a ranger windsheild.

homey

Is it possible to do a "skunkz" feature on the trucks? It seems as though Robby is pretty friendly and wouldn't mind letting us see the progression!

CRAIG_HALL

Photo's were updated.HERE

Looks as if there are only presently working on one truck,but there are two different cars.One you can see with the windshield w/tubular a-arms the other has the same arms as the truck. Looks as if there are 6 sets of upper and lower arms also. Prerunner cars with R.G.shocks gonna double as spare parts cars?--Pretty awesome looking monocoque/boxed sheetmetal main frame structure.

dunerking

Great pics!That open-wheeled car is looking to be really nice! Is he going to be building those for customers?The truck is looking amazing!

michael_loomis

great pics .... i thought that they got rid of all the ford stuff since RG drives a GM now . is the new TT gonna have the pictured ford body , or might that be the customers truck ?

is the race shop the same as the lift shop ? looks that way

sirhk100

DAMN!!!!!! I got new respect for McNeil's exploders!!!!

That track was insane and all of you that entered..... More power to you!!! Your truck can handle some serious [daddy didnt love me] if you drove home after that!!!!

Congrats Craig, eventhough you kinda got robbed....

Khris

SDranger

Khris-- You meant to reply to the tuff truck post right? I think you really are spending too much time on the internet like everyone says. lol j/k nice new avatar by the way.