Robby's Toyota TT

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Robby\'s Toyota TT

Anyone knows what ever happened to Robby Gordon's Toyota Trophy Truck ???

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Re: Robby\'s Toyota TT

It turned into a Ford.

vwguy

Reaction

well his street legal prerunner is a chevy body and motor but interestingly enought a j arm front end

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

What does the j-arm have to do with engine/body type? Is the "J-arm" specific to any one manufacturer? Just curious.

By the way, I tried to get a set of the wheels like the ones Robby uses on his TT, Rivera uses them as well (some other TT's too) but was unsuccessful. American racing makes them especial for these guys. 17" double-throw down's....I like them a lot but had to settle for something else.

BRAAAAAAAAP!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaWaldo on 03/11/02 11:24 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction

Robby will sell you all the wheels you want.I just bought some and they are $300 with the bead lock rings.I like them because they are lighter and look neat.

BEERMAN

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

Sheeeet! That would have been pretty nice. However, I don't really need bead locks. My truck isn't as built as most everyone's here. F-150 w/A-arms, springs, Bilsteins, and 285 x 16 tires. That's it. Just enough to play and tow.

Those wheels look really nice in motion too! I have some video of the Rivera truck at the last Fireworks. Something about the design and the morning sun made them look funky on my vid.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

scott

Reaction

Riviera isn't running those style any more on the TT, only the pre-runner... Jerry broke 2 of them just pre-running the SF 250.... The 12 hole are stronger..

( Riviera Pit Support )

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

I noticed that when I was looking at the RDC pics.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

vwguy

Reaction

j arms are a one piece ibeam and radius arm combo deal
so one would think it would be on a ford which has engineered and pioneered that design
and the whole truck was custom made so why they wouldnt just go a arm is interesting

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

The "J-arms" I know of are just like an upper control arm but in the shape of a "J". Do they call the arms on Lothringer cars "J-arms"?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

vwguy

Reaction

yes those are called j arms also
but if you look at a picture of gregs truck he had j arms (he might not have them anymore what with him working on it and all) and those will look a lot different

Jason

Reaction

does robby still have his TT??? i thought i heard somewhere that JEFF DICKERSON had bought it? anyone know?

scott

Reaction

I heard it was For Sale for $ 450.000 and that includes the spare parts, tires, Big Rig, and the Big Box Van...I don't know if its been sold or not.... Somebody else told me its turning into a Chevy because he drives a Chevy for Nascar, but with the schedule I don't know where he's going to have the time to drive it.....

Jimmy8

Reaction

I heard somewhere that he will be at the Baja 500.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080

mgobaja

Reaction

If he raced the Baja 500 he would miss the Nascar MBNA Platinum 400 race at Dover Downs

Jimmy8

Reaction

Just what I heard, not saying he is, not saying he isn't, I am just saying. As far as missing a NASCAR race for an off road race it won't happen, especially this year, but I have heard that Childress has become quite the fan of Robby's trophy truck so who knows what may happen in the next few years.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080

mgobaja

Reaction

Any new sponsorship blood would be awesome, espcially from the NASCAR family. That would make an awesome new team. Maybe bring Jimmy Johnson along as well.

robbie_goerke

Reaction

The reason that most trucks have J arms is because its easier to package the front end that way. With a arm up top Its awful hard to get one or two 3" shocks in there. But with a j arm you can wrap it around the shocks. Just something to think about.

Robbie Goerke
Collins Motorsports

vwguy

Reaction

that is a different j arm that you are talking about
but on the subject of those j arms they also make the upper a arms j arms so they dont have to push the motor as far back

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by vwguy on 03/18/02 10:33 AM (server time).</FONT></P>