• Forum membership has its advantages....

Robert Acer looking for a change in Baja

Ilovebaja

f700x390-299550_338568_15.jpg 15420973_1699003860391550_6859839791139035812_n.jpg
http://www.elvigia.net/deportes/offroad/2016/12/7/busca-cambio-bajas-258109.html?platform=hootsuite

Looking for a change in Baja races

The mysterious pilot, Robert Acer continues with his project analyzing options to make off-road races more cost effective, better security measures and regulations

07/12/2016 | Gabriel Garcia / THE WATCHER
[email protected] | Ensenada, BC

Robert Acer continues with his project to try to improve costs, safety measures and regulations for off-road, so he decided to move away from Score International, considering that this series is not professional, but it is run as a hobby sport.
The GSM team leader was scoping the Baja California peninsula, via land and air, along with executives that recently made it possible for the NFL game in Mexico and the World Rally Championship, so they can get to know more about these kinds of events.
Part of the people who came where the organizers along with Televisa in the duel game between the Oakland Raiders and the Houston Texans that occurred few weeks ago at the (stadium) Estadio Azteca of Mexico City.
Acer also made it clear that he has no plans to purchase Score International from Roger Norman, something that in the past he would have wanted. Recognizing that this sport has enormous potential, but it is not regulated as Formula one and the World Rally Championship, and governed under norms of the regulations of the international motoring Federation (FIA).
The American racer wants this discipline to be safer and totally fun for all competitors, as well as affordable registration fees and also appropriate payments to the owners of ranches and the ejidos.
Questioning the directives that visited these different sites in Baja California, Robert pointed out that they were very satisfied, thinking that new races could be possible in this region and also new sources of employment for many Mexican people.
All the expenses for this trip where on behalf of Acer, recognizing that every dollar that can be invested for a more professional and safe off-road is all worthwhile, since it in not only to promote the sport, but also see the potential of Baja California as a tourist site.
Will return for the Mexican NORRA 1000 2017
After running this year for the first time the Norra Mexican 1000 rally, Acer said he will be back in 2017 since he enjoyed the format and it also runs through many of the lands that are used in the Baja 1000 Baja and Baja 500 race.
Away from Score International races and not to share the way the promoter Roger Norman handles it, the mysterious pilot left open the possibility to his luck in Mexican series, such as Record or CODE, depending on his schedule in competing in the Ferrari series around the world and with his projects in support of children in various parts of the world.
"The idea of bringing people with professional experience in sports, in different disciplines, is so off-road may have new and renovated ideas on how to do a series that is truly professional, not what one sees today with companies with many years in this medium"
Robert Acer
American pilot

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
"SCORE" series is not professional, but it is run as a hobby sport."

Has Garcia disparaged SCORE to an actionable degree?

Will Mr. Norman refuse this customer's future business?

Stay tuned.

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
This whole R.Acer thing would be more "real" and understandable for me if I knew what his angle is in this? Is he trying to start a new business like a new profitable race series that is also better for the clients? If so, great! None of these articles have that "whole story" feel IMO.

johndjmix

A "hobby"? Hate to see how much it would cost as a pro sport to run.

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
WildPowerSports.com
coolermods.com

9rocky

giphy.gif

MARXICO

I find it hard to take this guy seriously until he loses the super hero costume. It’s ok for him to dress up as a WWF racer to represent his race program it’s an obvious and effective stunt to get attention it also works for monster trucks. His costume has made him a famous in off road as a mascot not successful race car driver. His money has delivered him an impressive race program along with his generous financial donations and efforts to help the needy in Mexico and that helps him brand his image and I am ok with that .The off road racing community existed long before he surfaced and has not benefited any more with him aboard other than his kind donations to the country we Race in, that also receive donations and assistance from other organizations and churches so this is not a new activity, and I mean not to take away any credit due to his efforts only respect.

If R Acer wants to do something to promote racing and make it grow with his finances he could subsidies entry fees for the smaller grass root classes and make the sport grow for those short of funds as the price racing skyrockets and is less tangible for the working man.This would only be a start that we would all feel, rather than an effort that generates self-promotion.

All racing series have complaints how management runs the show its nothing new .I wish mr acer more luck as a promoter than a racer, so thinking he is the new answer to our existing problems is merely changing flavors of Koolaid.

Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and other famous figures were not ashamed to show their faces to promote our sport so I don’t understand his costume for any other purpose than self-promotion, and consider him the Ronald McDonald of racing merely and a team mascot that donates money to charity to promote his brand.

I would have total respect for his efforts and future plans if he presented himself as a typical human being and not someone who hides behind a mask.

This is only my opinion and I have much respect for his efforts and donation, I welcome change but have little faith in someone dressed like a Luchador

nimrod

KOOK!
I find it hard to take this guy seriously until he loses the super hero costume. It’s ok for him to dress up as a WWF racer to represent his race program it’s an obvious and effective stunt to get attention it also works for monster trucks. His costume has made him a famous in off road as a mascot not successful race car driver. His money has delivered him an impressive race program along with his generous financial donations and efforts to help the needy in Mexico and that helps him brand his image and I am ok with that .The off road racing community existed long before he surfaced and has not benefited any more with him aboard other than his kind donations to the country we Race in, that also receive donations and assistance from other organizations and churches so this is not a new activity, and I mean not to take away any credit due to his efforts only respect.

If R Acer wants to do something to promote racing and make it grow with his finances he could subsidies entry fees for the smaller grass root classes and make the sport grow for those short of funds as the price racing skyrockets and is less tangible for the working man.This would only be a start that we would all feel, rather than an effort that generates self-promotion.

All racing series have complaints how management runs the show its nothing new .I wish mr acer more luck as a promoter than a racer, so thinking he is the new answer to our existing problems is merely changing flavors of Koolaid.

Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and other famous figures were not ashamed to show their faces to promote our sport so I don’t understand his costume for any other purpose than self-promotion, and consider him the Ronald McDonald of racing merely and a team mascot that donates money to charity to promote his brand.

I would have total respect for his efforts and future plans if he presented himself as a typical human being and not someone who hides behind a mask.

This is only my opinion and I have much respect for his efforts and donation, I welcome change but have little faith in someone dressed like a Luchador

Hey Hulk Hogan is the schnizzle!

JDDurfey

So did he keep the helmet on while he toured Mexico and met with the dignitaries? That could have been an awkward situation.

BANNED4LIFE

maybe he should ask his girlfriend to buy SCORE for him .......then he can do whatever he/she wants.....

green787

Whatever he does, it will always be a "mystery".... I just don't have the time to "stay tuned until next week".......