• Forum membership has its advantages....

robmac

acers

Why is it that Rob Maccachren and Carl Renezeder will not race at crandon? Kyle Leduc races most years and does well.They have alot of history there and would be cool to see them battle at crandon again.

sb4pro

Just wasn't Rob Mac and Carl lots of other divers that were expected to come just couldn't budget it .

mike337

As a fan, you just have to keep in mind that I'm sure they would love to, but it's a business desision.

acers

These are well funded teams there just seams to more to it. Unless their sponsers will not let them come for some reason.Just wish it could be worked out

sb4pro

These are well funded teams there just seams to more to it. Unless their sponsers will not let them come for some reason.Just wish it could be worked out
Also don't forget that their yearly budget is made months in advance . For instance this years budget was probably made back in sept / oct .

Chaplain

God Dude
I'm curious as too how that race will work this year with the differences in truck rules now between torc/loorrs

sb4pro

I'm curious as too how that race will work this year with the differences in truck rules now between torc/loorrs
Yeah have a feeling that's gonna bite them in the a$$ but hopefully it just means more of the pro4 teams come . Most of the west coast guys that do come run the 4 anyway

dbq61537

Great question!

My feeling is, it will hurt...unless...the driver/team, has a sponsor that will kick in the extra $$$, to make the trip possible.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

acers

I think they need to make the purse bigger to get more drivers to come. Curt leduc helped bring drivers last year so that helps.

sb4pro

I think they need to make the purse bigger to get more drivers to come. Curt leduc helped bring drivers last year so that helps.
It's almost 50 thousand to win as it is now , doubt the purse is the problem .

PDANK Racing

I spoke with a mod kart crew chief about what they spent to race fall crandon, he said $30,000. Imagine what it costs a Prolite, Pro2 or 4 team to come out. Those teams are spending a ton of $$ and risking a lot more than $50K to maybe win $50k. Easy decision to stay home.

acers

Ya it is expencisive. When Robby wood was there he said in was about 20k to to go. 50k purse sounds like alot but not when you figure in the cost to come from the west coast .Leduc blew a motor last year 40k gone.If red bull would up the purse it might help make it worth those guys coming. Just wish they could work it out somehow

mike337

I find it very hard to believe it costs $30k for a mod to race one race. 2 grand in travel expense? Where did the rest go?

Jimmy8

PDANK Racing

I thought that number was a little high, but once you add the prep (probably the majority of the cost) for (2) karts (they had a backup), paid employees, preventive maintenance on the semi, Lodging/RV, pit sites, and all the other little costs. It will add up. I could see a good portion being spent on parts and testing to get the right setup, since Crandon is very different than Loors tracks. Obviously you could do it for less, maybe these guys are big spenders.
I live 120 miles away, and it usually costs me $1000 to $1500 total for fall crandon. Grenaded a fresh motor one year, that added another $4000. I guess thats why $30k wasn't super outlandish to me.

acers

Glad to hear Rob wants to go. To bad lucas oil still holds a grudge Thought that they were over it, but I guess not