• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rockstar?

DTPMS

Fully pulled out of Offroad basically. Kept a few athletes on. Still in motocross though.

Crusty Shellback

I looked at the rock star web site after I heard the news.

They are still sponsoring the following:
Drift, flat track, SX and MX, Rally, Snowbike and Snowcross.

Not sure why the pull from Offroad. They also pulled out of the short course. So not sure what is going to happen to LOORS this year.

J Prich

Deegan must be devastated.

stephenrjking

I looked at the rock star web site after I heard the news.

They are still sponsoring the following:
Drift, flat track, SX and MX, Rally, Snowbike and Snowcross.

Not sure why the pull from Offroad. They also pulled out of the short course. So not sure what is going to happen to LOORS this year.
Been some talk of this already in corners of the board.

I could be wrong, but all of those categories you listed are categories that are probably a lot cheaper to title sponsor.

Some people have speculated that Rob Mac might just walk from short course. RJ will probably cobble something together to keep going. Rockstar is a big sponsor, but not as big as Monster--a Monster pullout would be devastating. I speculated some time ago that a full energy drink retreat from off road was one of those "unexpected swerves" that could change the course of the sport, and we'll see a taste of that this year. But if Rob Mac keeps his team together, the current impact to the Trophy Truck division will be minimal, for now.

Crusty Shellback

Rob Mac said he is racing SCORE this year and the Mint.
Other than that, time will tell.

Rockstar still has sponsorship in other sporting events as well. But like you say, probably a lot less to fund. Not sure about the SX and MX side though. That racing with that many events each year could be a big budget.

J Prich

Hope it's not a sign of the times.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Could be Rock Star staying with the more IG influence crowd. Many of the other Rock Star athletes post almost daily with IG stories or You Tube content. Three or four races a year may not show great ROI.

nimrod

KOOK!
Hailey Deegan is with Monster. I’m sure Deegs is on that program too.
One of the energy drinks will sign Rob no doubt in my mind. There is no way they aren’t already in talks with him.