Roll Cage

Motorider

Reaction
Can anyone help me with how you install the rear window, I know it's not glass, but to you have it setup before you weld the tubes in , then just manuver it into place, or is there some other way?
Thanks

Attachments

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
If you look closely you'll see that about a 3" square or so aove where the tube comes through the window is a diff. color. When I have seen lexan windows and cages set up like this, they typically have a U cut out of the window so that it can be slid up from under the cage and set in place. They then use 2 pieces (what I believe are the off colored ones in your pic) to fill the gap up top.
Clear as mud w/ that explanation huh? Steve

toyotaguy

Reaction
whats up with the kings mounted the way they are. Are some people just trying to be different or is it proven to be better than the conventional straight up and down

tkr

Reaction
WTF?? Are they really mounted to the rear bumper??

elcaprerunner

Reaction
That is the same cantiliever setup as on Baldwin's Trophy Truck, also on Dave Winner's (sp?) tube chassis Fabtech prerunner, both designed by Brian Kudela.

sirhk100

Reaction
Where did you find the photos of CST's truck... I saw that thing at Sema and wanted some photos but my camera died.... Anyone got any?

FordFreak

Reaction
they have them on their website which is under construction but the pics page has some nice stuff and also their projects page I think.

In_the_works

Reaction
I've heard that that truck is pretty much all show and no go, the cantilever binds pretty bad when going through the stroke, and it (obvously) doesn't see much off road use. Can someone confirm/deny this?

sirhk100

Reaction
When I saw it at SEMA it definately wasn't off road built. It had a bunch of CNC billit stuff all over it to show their capabilities. If I remember right CNC alum upper and lower control arms. CNC aluminum trailing arms for the cantilever. Just lots of shiny stuff that looked machined very thin and small. Delicate would be the word...

hxckidd

Reaction
that truck was at kartek for a while. i could have sworn someone said that the wishbone hit the driveshaft at full compression or something like that.

RacerX

Reaction
That is correct. The wishbone hit the driveshaft at full bump and the cantaliever(sp?) arm hit the cage work when cycled. Thats from what I heard

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
The truck was built for the S.E.M.A. show thats why all the polished aluminum arms.I talked to Chris last week and they have already built new upper and lower arm to replace the aluminum ones,not that they broke,but the lower wouldn't last, the upper was probably marginal.He said he'd possibly like to run an MDR race with it only because his son is into the whole truck scene. Chris himself only wants to do it for his son. He says he's over the race scene,he's put in his time.

I do know he is getting ready to lift his personal H.D. (long travel coil-over) so I'm guessing he might need his regular cab truck back to drive around. I waiting for him to drive up to my shop in it !

<font color="red"> CST-link </font color>