rollcage

boltonbros

Reaction
I am building a race truck and i was wondering where everyone else starts there roll cage. what pieces should i bend and weld first. I was also wondering how you are suppose to weld the to part of your cage, the roof of my cab gets in the way and i was wondering if there is a better way than cutting a hole in the top of my cab. Should i build the cage in my cab than either drop the cage down below the frame before i weld to the frame and weld the top of the cage or should i lift my body up a little a bit. ok thanks for you reply

Hang Loose

hoeker

Reaction
we usually cut the roof right off the truck. depends how much of a race truck it really will be. if it was mine and i drove it on the street, i'd hack big holes in the floor and drop it down. having the roof out of the way saves lots of time.

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Most of the time it is started with the main hoop behind the driver. As said before it would be easier to cut the roof off, cut it near the top of the posts, befor the curve in the seam for the door and window seals. Look in the skunkz for some good ideas on mounting and construction.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I disagree with looking at pictures for a roll cage design...sometimes there are hidden agendas built into a cage that make it too complicated or too simple that can be overlooked by a picture and most of the time do get overlooked. Unless you have complete confidence in yourself for building a rollcage that may save yours or somebody elses life...leave it to somebody experienced.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
What I ment was a reference as to mounting on the frame and shooting it trough the floor, now that i think about, it the cars and trucks in there ARE a little more complicated than what I think he is doing. I agree with kritter, the roll cage is going to built to save your life, if it is your first time do a LOT of research or leave it to some one who knows what to do. How ever I have first hand experience that sometime the know how people my not really know how.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

hoeker

Reaction
"sometime the know how people my not really know how"

<font color=yellow>AMEN</font color=yellow>

i'd cut the roof low on the pillars, maybe even take the whole back of the cab off with the roof. never done it, but now you got that out of the way too. probly next time.

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

boltonbros

Reaction
Thanks for all your help on how to weld were the cab gets in your way. your info means alot to me cause I live in hawaii and i do not have alot to look at so i go off alot of pics. any help is nice, thanks.

Hang Loose