Rollover Video

KitRacer

Reaction
I have an excellent video of a rollover with lots of carnage, its about 3.8 megs, anybody want to host it? just give me your email and ill send it over.
I think the car is Vic Bruckmans 12 car

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
just "right click/save as" and open with quicktime.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.x-trucks.com/~stuckthrottl/dunaway/crash.mpg>http://www.x-trucks.com/~stuckthrottl/dunaway/crash.mpg</A>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
That sucks, looks like he messed up his car pretty good. It sounds like they said maybe "Brian's" car. Maybe Brian Ickler? What race was that?

See ya in the dirt!

desertracer

Reaction
That looks like Vic Bruckmans 12 car, or it has the same paint scheme as he ran at laughlin. Not totally sure though. Looks like it ripped the drivers side trailing arm off not to mention a whole lot of other damage. Was everybody ok?

MDR #112

desertracer

Reaction
This is Brian Ickler's car

MDR #112<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by desertracer on 03/03/03 08:13 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

desertracer

Reaction
Pic here

MDR #112

Attachments

• 5-47747-Ickler.jpg
    5-47747-Ickler.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 117

dunerking

Reaction
Wow that is a bummer,If hope everybody was all good.Nice camera work on catching the action.Looks like it is going to be an expensive repair.

hit it hard

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
that is The class 12 K.I.T racing car of Rick St. john at the FRT dunaway dash

KitRacer

Reaction
Come on now Tim the driver wanted to stay anonymous
The story: This is the K. I. T. 12 car at the FRT dunaway dash. The car was attempting to cross coyote wash when it hit that kicker. The damage was a ripped off trailing arm, some bent shocks, bent beam, cracked roll cage, smashed transaxle, bent wheels, and the whole rear of the frame cracked up. Its kinda interesting to look at that cracked up frame after reading some of the posts on this board about chromoly. Some of these people would learn a thing about chromoly, its not all its cracked up to be. It appeared to me that the steel either did not bend at all or just plain broke. it would be scary to see what the cage would have looked like if it had seen the same impact. It makes me think more about DOM. I'll see if i can turn up some pictures

michael_loomis

Reaction
its NOT Vics car ! man that sucks i hope Dean was OK! hes a great driver and a great guy!

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
The best part is while pre running Dean was watching cars come through there and saw a class 1 car roll at the exact same spot. Of course that didn't stop him. Both Dean and his brother (co-driver) were ok, mainly a bruised ego. The car is back together and they tested it this last weekend getting ready for San Felipe.

martininsocal

Reaction
Eric- did Larry build that car? I know years ago we had this exact conversation at Clark Wests shop about whether to build out of DOM, Mild, or Chromo. This was when Larry was just starting to remodel Chenowths for Class 9. Both he and I felt it would be better to build 9 cars out of mild because of the bend vs. break deal. Clark was a full Chromolly guy (only real race cars are made out of chromolly!) Cycle life of the material is important. You may save a little weight, but how soon will you be replacing a chassis?

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

KitRacer

Reaction
Martin
Larry and Rick both built the car together. I am not sayin that they should have built the car out of mild steel either. In my opinion, if that car would have been made of mild steel, the rear end would have just bent everywhere. More importantly though, the whole rest of the car would be bent up as well. I am not an expert, and Larry and Rick only know what they do from experience. It appears to me that chromoly holds up to a lot more abuse until it gives in, then there is nothing left and it cracks. With DOM the cars can give and flex, this would be better for crack prevention, but i light rollover might start to bend tubing easier than chromoly. When it comes to beam cars and the abuse that a front beam generates throughout the car, chromoly has a big problem with cracking. Other than my Jimco frame, i have had to chase cracks a lot on beam cars.