ROR Round 3 Video

beamdream

Reaction
Greg and Dan, that was the most classic runs ever!! Man, I havent had that much fun in a long time. Im sorry to have seen you climb outta that window like that Greg. We are all glad you are ok man. I dont think Ive ever undone 5 points that fast. Thanks again for everything youve done for this sport.

Excellent video dude!!

mattrick8888

Reaction
i posted this on dezertrangers too but no joke i had a dream last night that greg rolled his truck. sorry to see that greg and hope you get it back together soon.

bajakirby23

Reaction
steve is it my connection or what the video was skipping all over the place.it looks good but i need some advice on how to stop it from skipping. that sucks greg you alright im sorry i wasn't there
i wanted to but had work o well got to pay the bills. see you all next week.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
WHen it happened I was hauling ass down to the turn. I don't think I have ever ran so fast, glad to see you were okay Greg. I could tell Dan was concerned when he stopped a flipped a brody in the of the track to see if you were alright. I ran from the jump contest jumps and by the time I got to the truck Greg had already got the tractor to bring it over to put the truck on it's wheels. Bring on the 302!!

yotatech

Reaction
Looks like a good race up till the end. That was awesome to see both Dan and Craig stop right away and go back with no hesitation. Glad your alright.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I had a great time today. After not sleeping for days trying to finish up Dans new 3.4 in the truck we finally got it done and loaded up on the trailer at 4AM.....drove straight to Rialto....ran with no problems and stayed in front of the linked trucks

Greg you were on a mission on that lap there. It would have been an awesome last 2 laps to go.....Sorry to see ya go over. At least it wasent the first time so you were kinda broken in lol. By the time I got over there you already had the tractor on the way over to flip your own truck back over heh.

Good times!

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
just 1 more lap and greg woulda had dan and fish. he was knockin on their back door hard. and craig just needed a bit more room to make the pass on greg. it was an epic match up for sure. good , good times. greg is ok and that is the important fact. but i still think if he coulda passsed dan and coulda held him off to the finish. and who knows what craig woulda done to get by the both of them!!! and thanks for the great video footage, greg!!!!!!!!! trucks can be fixed and im glad you are not dead er anything. thanks again, greg and jen for putting on ANOTHER great event!! ill PM you soon, greg when i get my truck back together, and we'll work on beat up the track some more.

Greg

Reaction
What a great day. As for our final time-trial race of the year it was good, the trucks are getting faster and there seems to be fewer and fewer break-downs. It really seems like people want to see some head-to-head racing so next year it will be happening. The course was never really cut for that style of racing, but after running with these guys I can make it really safe and now know where to make it wide enough to pass cleanly. As for me rolling the ranger, well, thats how hard I had to drive it to keep up with Dan and Craig. Actually, our times are usally withing 5 seconds of eachother, so it was a really good match-up. The best part is how different each truck is and how close we ran. Dan has a bit better hp:weight; craig, short wb with lots of travel and ; me, lots of travel but cant turn at all. It seemed like we were bumper to bumper out there ,but Steve's video dosent make it look that close (it was really intense out there), that was just too much fun. Thanks to everyone who came out wether to participate or spectate and to all the volunteers. These events wouldnt happen without everyone being there. Thankyou from Jen and I. As for the ranger, it just so happend that I brought a 5.0 and a t-5 home last wensday. As for the body work, it might get a glass cab now, as i seem to be making a habit of rolling over. No more air, power windows and door locks, dome light, lighted glove box, or even padded dash, I think its gonna become a race truck, desert style (building the toyota for short course ya know). I dont know what class I'll race it in, maybe 1300 I guess, but I will do my best to get it road legal. A funny side note, I cant get the dirt to pack very well on the race track but the stuff is alredy hard as stone in all my body seems on the ranger, hmnnn.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I dont think Greg woulda caught Dan really because every time on the straight away Dan would pull Greg and Craig enough to barely stay ahead for the rest of the course
Plus Dan was sandbagging to give the crowd a good time! lol

Good stuff!

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
thats a great idea, greg. skin that cab. loose all the sheetmetal and creature comforts. you dont need that crap. thats funny you mentioned the dirt being compacted into your cabs body seams, i noticed the same thing. but i guess you rammed that stuff in there with some considerable force when the rubber side went up. i cant wait to get my yota back together cus i want some side by side action with somebody. i dont have a body panels to worry about.
so rubbin is racin! see ya at the track. ps........ i still think dans truck is faster, i dont care what he and fish say. just my 2 cents.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
No joke the motor is slower than the old one. Look at the lap times if you dont believe us. It sounds fast but its really not super fast. Its 100% stock no joke. Its got more torque but once ya get to 3rd gear its not any faster.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
yeah, but with the old motor he never even got into 3rd grear. thats says to me thats its faster. he was launchin way farther off the straightaway jump than he was with the old motor because we was in 3rd grear going faster than he ever did before....... right?? .................oh and by the way, how retarted it this, its your guys truck and your trying to say its slower than before im trying to say its faster. dosent that seem backwards???

WFODAN

Reaction
Well actually the truck is slower by a few seconds per lap . As for the third gear thing ...... Yes it gets into third on the limiter , but you need to remeber the old motor would turn 9600 rpm to where this stock motor only goes to 5500 rpm so there is your difference . The old motor would grab third on the main straight but it didn't stay in it long since it didn't make any power till about 4500 rpm . It would usually bog the thing down . Driving the truck was like learning to drive it all over again . With the new motor being so far off from the old one power curve and rpm wise , it was tough to set it up in the corners . I'm sure by next weekend I will have it figured out and on the right track to put it back where it ran before . Just to be able to stay ahead of those guys was a big deal to me . Like I said it was like hopping into a new car and going for it . It acts totally different then before with the weight difference in the front end and the power or lack there of . Everything about it is different . No biggie just means we need to dial it in again . All in all it was a great race to test the truck . I was happy with the way it worked . Just a bit slow for my liking .

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
well, either way dan, i got some badazz video footage of you guys and thanks for that! great action.

tim_krueger

Reaction
greg glad to know your ok bummer that you rolled
but you know what they say the less show the more GO!
and now with the 5.0 you dont have to get your trans fixed

danfish the 3.4 slower..........what a joke lol..... looked like dan was going faster down the straits and further off the jumps...but i wasn't in it im sure that if you can cram a little more air into the cylinders it will defiantly be faster. it also looked like the truck handled well through the air even with the extra weight of the v6 i guess all that work pounding the fire wall back was worth it

it was also a bummer to see the cleanbox truck break an axel that truck looked better through the whoops than last trip and he could have been a contender in the head to head race

tyson (butterfly) wish we would have seen you out there too (in your truck) I love seeing those butterfly wings flap under the front of your truck….next time

oh ya I don’t know that guy in the cage creations beam Toyota but that was one hell of a show hope your doing well and got home safe (scary welds)

greg and jen thanks again for the awesome time this was defiantly some of the best action and trucks yet cant wait for D-DAY OCT 18