• Forum membership has its advantages....

ROSEANN'S RESTORATION

Mike Coleman

Not much of a poster, but I have many people asking for photos and progress; so here it goes…

My son, Mitch, and I loaded the truck up from the front yard of Jason Yeoman’s mother last June in Henderson, NV. Jason had been the last owner of the truck, and had passed away six months earlier.

Roseanne (didn’t know she had a name back then) was one of my all time favorite race trucks, AND she’s a Ford. The first time I saw the truck race was in San Felipe flying the Zoo Rd crossing. At first sight of the truck flying off the jump at the road crossing, you would have thought the rear was broke and falling out. No, just the down travel that was massive for the time. That was the early 90’s.

Fast forward to 2014, and I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to restore this great old race truck. The truck has some great history behind it and this is what I know. Please chime in if you have any first hand knowledge.

The truck was built to Class 8 rules back in the late 80’s/early 90’s by Kevin Bunderson for Dave Shopp.

Dave was one of my heroes back in the days. I followed his yellow Ford truck in the point standings and at the races I went to.

Dave Shopp sold the truck to Frank Vessels before the truck was completed.

Frank finished the truck and painted it black. I believe that was 1990. He raced the truck in Class 8 for a couple of years.

At some point (92/93) Robby Gordon partnered up with Frank to race Roseanne.

Robby bought the truck from Frank and did a few modifications to the truck to race in the Trophy Truck Class. Robby came out with his all new A-Arm TT Truck and raced both at the 1000 one year, I think 95’.

The next owner was Marty Coyne and he raced it for some time in the late 90’s. This is where I have a gap with the history. At some point, Jason Yeoman bought it from Marty, after winning a large cash pay out from gambling.

As for the trucks condition, it was not taken care of for at least the past 7 years. It seems like must have sat outside that entire time. The only thing that saved any of the truck was the dry environment of Nevada. The motor was in a machine shop during that entire 7 years. Parts of the truck are missing and all the parts that were on the truck when we picked it up are worn our, bent, or broken. As you will see by the photos, I will be replacing about everything on the truck.

I have raced the NORRA two times and love the event. I tried to race Roseanne this past year but didn’t have enough time to make the race. I would have loved to have taken Robby’s money with his old90’s truck. The truck will race NORRA and some other races that I have time to do. You might even see it at some shows. That will depend on sponsors.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to all the new information and comments.

Attachment-1.jpeg

Getting her off the trailer.
DSCN0567.JPG

DSCN0570.JPG

Notice the fuel cell. 22gal. Jaz. The original cell was lost???

DSCN0573.JPG

All trans coolers.

DSCN0576.JPG

You can see Marty's name on the side plate.

DSCN0578.JPG

10 holes for the Cone knock-offs hubs.

DSCN0580.JPG

Pass side.

DSCN0585.JPG

Driver side.

DSCN0583.JPG

DSCN0590.JPG

DSCN0595.JPG

DSCN0599.JPG

J Burleson

AWESOME! cant wait see more pics! was it originally a 1/4 eliptical setup out back? the knuckles look pretty gnarly! Please dont be shy with pics ! thanks for posting!

sb4pro

Not much of a poster, but I have many people asking for photos and progress; so here it goes…

My son, Mitch, and I loaded the truck up from the front yard of Jason Yeoman’s mother last June in Henderson, NV. Jason had been the last owner of the truck, and had passed away six months earlier.

Roseanne (didn’t know she had a name back then) was one of my all time favorite race trucks, AND she’s a Ford. The first time I saw the truck race was in San Felipe flying the Zoo Rd crossing. At first sight of the truck flying off the jump at the road crossing, you would have thought the rear was broke and falling out. No, just the down travel that was massive for the time. That was the early 90’s.

Fast forward to 2014, and I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to restore this great old race truck. The truck has some great history behind it and this is what I know. Please chime in if you have any first hand knowledge.

The truck was built to Class 8 rules back in the late 80’s/early 90’s by Kevin Bunderson for Dave Shopp.

Dave was one of my heroes back in the days. I followed his yellow Ford truck in the point standings and at the races I went to.

Dave Shopp sold the truck to Frank Vessels before the truck was completed.

Frank finished the truck and painted it black. I believe that was 1990. He raced the truck in Class 8 for a couple of years.

At some point (92/93) Robby Gordon partnered up with Frank to race Roseanne.

Robby bought the truck from Frank and did a few modifications to the truck to race in the Trophy Truck Class. Robby came out with his all new A-Arm TT Truck and raced both at the 1000 one year, I think 95’.

The next owner was Marty Coyne and he raced it for some time in the late 90’s. This is where I have a gap with the history. At some point, Jason Yeoman bought it from Marty, after winning a large cash pay out from gambling.

As for the trucks condition, it was not taken care of for at least the past 7 years. It seems like must have sat outside that entire time. The only thing that saved any of the truck was the dry environment of Nevada. The motor was in a machine shop during that entire 7 years. Parts of the truck are missing and all the parts that were on the truck when we picked it up are worn our, bent, or broken. As you will see by the photos, I will be replacing about everything on the truck.

I have raced the NORRA two times and love the event. I tried to race Roseanne this past year but didn’t have enough time to make the race. I would have loved to have taken Robby’s money with his old90’s truck. The truck will race NORRA and some other races that I have time to do. You might even see it at some shows. That will depend on sponsors.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to all the new information and comments.

View attachment 157188
Getting her off the trailer. View attachment 157209
View attachment 157208
Notice the fuel cell. 22gal. Jaz. The original cell was lost???

View attachment 157210

All trans coolers.

View attachment 157211

You can see Marty's name on the side plate.

View attachment 157212

10 holes for the Cone knock-offs hubs.

View attachment 157213

Pass side.

View attachment 157214

Driver side.

View attachment 157215

View attachment 157216

View attachment 157217

View attachment 157218

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME !!!! I'm posting a link to this thread on Planet Robby , I'm sure everyone would like to be reacquainted with the old girl after all these years

Jason P

Been waiting for this for a long time now, can't wait for more updates!

Mike Coleman

I think that was Jason's brother. It was a very confusing deal to buy the truck. I drove to Henderson with a trailer and was not sere if I was going to be able to buy the truck.

The truck was originally 1/4 elliptical.

Sreidmx

Way to go man! This is so bad ass! I wonder how much of that rust is just surface? Might bust out the sand blaster to find out. What's the plan? Complete resto period specific or update shocks and anything that needs it? Good luck this is gonna be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NIKAL

Who's doing the restoration?

Also do you know what shocks are on the truck? The Resi's look like Shock Tech's, as does the different sized bypass tubes.

dezert_nerd

BADA$$, very much looking forward to the restoration!