ROSEANN'S RESTORATION

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Looks GREAT Mike! Don't you just love it when you get the chassis freshly painted and then remember you have to add a mount or some tubing.......LOL

fatnbald

Reaction
Who's got that video of Roseanne in Barstow, it was filmed by ESPN and shows the truck launching then coming down on the front corner, pretty sure it was Marty Coyne drivin it.
was looking for that yesterday and gave up after about an hour.
i ended up lost in some sort of Your Tube vortex
and orange peanut, for me?

Big Guy

Reaction
Looking forward to seeing her put back together....

SPROCKET

Reaction
EPIC is over used these days! but works perfectly on this build! EPIC BUILD! Mike C thanks for saving a piece of off road history!

Mike Coleman

Reaction
I had a friend of mine Mike May at Decisive Testing Inc. mag some of my parts. I have some parts that I can use without buying new. That is something unusual for this build!

Rory, I have not seen that footage for years. I would love to see it one more time if you come across it!

DSCN0918.JPG

Dirt-Tech did the work on straightening the housing. It must be the original housing. The 9" gear is the only size gear I can put in the housing. I'm looking for another 46 spline spool if you know of one please let me know.

DSCN0901.JPG

J Burleson

Reaction
What is the bit sitting inside the short piece of tube on the side of the frame rail? Earlier pic looks like there is the same thing in the front and they have maybe aluminum caps? I thought it was a sway bar at first but..?

Mike Coleman

Reaction
J. The truck had a Bunderson air jack. 4 air chucks, one by each wheel. A real good idea. It has the mount for the jack in the cab. I don't know if I will be making the old system work.

J Burleson

Reaction
Aha. Figured it must of been obvious! Was this the standard setup in the day(for those running bunderson jacks). Or was it more common to use a bottle that gets pulled off every tire change? I think you should definitely keep it! I love those little details!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Great build and great thread. Thanks for sharing it with us MC.

Mike Coleman

Reaction
This is the trans coolers that came with the truck. I will be using the same set up for now.
DSCN0902.JPG

Same bracket but everything new.
DSCN0923.JPG

Rock56

Reaction
where can i buy steel it? does it needs primer? thanks

Mike Coleman

Reaction
You can use a primer but you don't need to. I did not. You can buy it at McMaster-Carr online. It is easy to work with and you are able to weld through it.

Rock56

Reaction
You can use a primer but you don't need to. I did not. You can buy it at McMaster-Carr online. It is easy to work with and you are able to weld through it.
thanks.... awesome restoration you´re doing, one of my favorite cars from my childhood

Mike Coleman

Reaction
Just received 10 new Fuel Wheels from Jack Hale. Thanks for the bead locks they are going to make the truck look great.
DSCN1101.JPG

Mike Coleman

Reaction
Jim Harman made the bladder for the
DSCN0972.JPG
fuel cell that I had made. 91 gallons. That should get me to the next pit!
DSCN0975.JPG

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Those snouts sure look tiny compared to today's standard hollow snouts. How often did they need replacing back in the day?