Roster for Estero...

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
I know a lot of you Dezert People will be heading for Estero and non-stop racing action this weekend...so, let's take a tally! Greg and I will be going along with our friend Charles. Who else?

Also, does anyon have an idea of who will be there racing??? Is Evans going? When we went to that CORR race last year, Renezeder (who I heard was going) and Evans put on the best race I have ever seen in my life! If they're going to be racing together this weekend it's going to be INCREDIBLE!!! Huseman should be there and LeDuc, too. Who else? Can you tell how excited I am???

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Jen I will be there.
I will be staying in the RV Park with JC Andrews.
DPpatrol will also be there with us.

The racing is just on Saturday right? Is the qualifing or anything on Friday? Any racing on Sunday? This is my first race of this type! I can't wait!

Go Big Or Go Home

RacnCPA

Reaction
Jen, there are more and more racers going this weekend. I've been in contact with some of the big truck racers and the list is growing. No I won't tell, wait and see! Fiesta Friday at Estero, C U there!

Sc

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
The race last year was on Saturday AND Sunday. We had 3 or 4 rounds. 2 per day of each class.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Just talked to the promoter....

For sure Curt LeDuc, Huseman and Renezeder (new truck?) will be there. I would also imagine Kyle Leduc in his new Ranger (see readers ridez). Jim McKenzies was up for it 2-3 weeks ago. Last year Sean McKenzie had a bug and Pro2 vehicle. Evan Evans ? Team Carlo Izbera (sp?) in a big truck. Tommy Bradley ? They also ran Bikes last year.

The exact Schedule will be announced on Saturday AM. Typically teams show up without preregistration and the event gets laid out around the turnout. Like combine classes into a race if it has a small turnout or run them separate, 3 Rounds vs. 4 Rounds etc.

Friday is tech inspection and registration. Not sure if they have orientation on the race course.

As a spectator Friday will be the day to take advantage of the Resort. Horseback riding on the beach maybe....never tried it.

DuffcoDan

Reaction
I talked to a friend of Evans today and he mentioned that he will not be at Estero short course. I guess he is testing out a Nascar truck this weekend.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
"I guess he is testing out a Nascar truck this weekend".

Wow! thats cool (with hand controls and all)!!

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
OH...I can hardly wait!!! They practice on Friday I believe.

JoeB

Reaction
A little info from the CORR side:

Evans announced last year that he won't be racing off-road this year to pursue the asphalt. I believe he was planning on ARCA, but that news was from the last fall. Plans could have changed. Give me an update if somebody knows any new info. The Nastruck sounds cool.....

Renezeder has 2 brand new trucks. He has a Pro 2 (2wd) and a Pro 4 (4wd). He'll be racing the Pro 2 class in CORR. However, he has the identical 4wd truck to compete in the big Govenor's Cup and Borg Warner (Pro2 vs. Pro4) in Crandon.

JoeB

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Carl will take his Pro-4 down to Estero. The new Pro-2 is not done yet. The Pro-4 will run the rdc/dp inboard camera all weekend.

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
TRDShaun, when are you and the family headed out? Are you all stocked up on film and batteries???

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Jen, I will be there around 6pm on friday. I am stocked up on batteries, but not film yet. I am goin out this evening if costco hasnt closed yet to get film. Could you bring extra for me just in case? I am also bringing a video camera this time. Are you stayin in the same room as last time? We will be in rooms 22 and 21.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

JCA

Reaction
I will be down about 5 PM or so. I will be in the rv camping, not sure what space we got tho. Everyone feel free to stop by and say hello and do some bench racing. What time is the RDC get together and where on Friday? Well I am sure we will find it. See everyone down there.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Chris

Reaction
Is this an event that would be worth driving down for the day? Ensenada is only about two hours away from my house. Do you have to be staying at the resort in order to spectate the race? What time are the races on saturday?
thanks for the help.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Race starts when it starts....its mex. But should be around 7-9am Saturday and Sunday.

You don't need to stay in the Resort Hotel anyone can watch. There is a small door fee to spectate. Grand Stands, Souveniers, T-K-T, Hot-Dog and Taco stands are provided.

Pictures from last year race:
April
http://prerunners.com/photoalbum/estero10-01/esteromenu.htm

Chris

Reaction
cool thanks klaus.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Sorry guys the General is having technical problems so it won't be going to Estero :(

Better beleve it will be at the Jump Contest though!

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Chris, I have heard it is worth going for the day, and I believed it so a day trip is in order, early am tomorrow returning in the evening. Let me know if you want to caravan.

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon