Rotary Cam Lock belts

blind655

Reaction
Has anyone had experience with the rotary cam lock crow 5 points? They look like the way to go for convenience, any other pros or cons??

Thanks

hoeker

Reaction
i've never used the crow belts, but can tell you that i was very dissapointed in the simpson cam lock belts, and i LOVE the Teamtech rotory cam belts i just bought for my truck. the simpsons would release the tabs already latched when you latch the next one. they also don't like dirt at all. the teamtech belts always latch very nice even when installed one at a time and they don't seem to care about dirt.

test drive a set before you buy, and hopefully someone on here has them to let you know how they work.

www.rosshoek.com

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
I'll second what hoeker said about the Teamtech belts, they're awesome. I believe he has the Jet Pilot harness with built in kindey belt. I have the same thing.

TeamTech

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Mike, I have seen several people run the crow belts and have success with them. I have even thought about running them in my blazer. I have ran the Sparco Cam Lock belts before and liked them a lot. You might want to check them out. I think they are a little more then the crows.

Sparco Belts

KitRacer

Reaction
I have heard that the rotary lock style belts are not allowed in SCORE because they sometimes fail in a crash and come open. Is this true?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I thought they were not allowed because they can get dirt in them and not latch properly or come open as easy if they are clogged. I think they are good for a prerunner or anything with a windshield.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
In my other truck I had the SIMPSON camlocks-They were defenietly convenient,but they didn't like sand or dirt in them. They always locked fine,they never came out.The release lever would just gall up and get stuck on the detent in the lever,some whiye lithium grease seemed to keep them working O.K.

I'm just ordered new seat for my truck and am getting some belts (camlock)I"ll pass on theSIMPSONS but any info on other brand would be great

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Rock the sparcos... camlocks are not score legal but they take a lot of dirt to make them fail and they fail in the lock position, ie they dont open. They are a little pricey but sparco has been proven time and time again in every type of racing!