Ruff ride?

toolex

Reaction
I have a cheapy 3.5 fabtech kit on my truck with 300mm sway away torsoin bars. if i were to crank them all the way, or at least a lot of the way would i get a really crappy ride? if so, does anyone have any ideas on how to raise my front a bit more w/o buying a new kit?
-thanks

tim_krueger

Reaction
on my old toy i had fabtech arms with the cheep SAW tortions. I uasually had them cranked so that the arm was about 1/4 inch from the droop stop. i actually liked the way it road except when hitting a hole or drop-off when the suspension would droop out and jerk the front end down

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
back in the day when we were young and poor, we were allways searching for ways to get more lift and travel from out 2wd toyota front ends. front ends with stock lowers and fabtech uppers. the best way to accomplish this is to get wider arms, but you didnt ask fot that so heres a few tips. you can take the upper balljoint out and open it up with a small grinder to get a bit more angle. also, if you dont allready have em, get the "ultra low profile" droop stops. and you can relocate the droopstop perch a bit lower. also you can run a 1" ball joint spacer. it fits between the upper balljoint and the control arm, effectivily letting the hub be 1 inch lower down when the upper control arm is on the droop stop. then you crank the hell out of the torsions and you might get an inch or two more lift. also, if you have your bars cranked as far as they will go and the front end still isnt on the droop stops, or you have jumped the hell out of it and the torsions have sagged, you can take the adjuster arm aff the torsion bar and spin it around a few splines, this will let you get your ride height you want. youl probably have to hit the adjuster on with a hammer, cus it is "supposed" to go on 1 way only cus of the indexing spline that is wider than the rest. just put a bunch of anti-seize in there. YES it will ride pretty much like ass on the street, but it looks sweet , or at least it did back when i was in high school doing that crap. none of those things i said will make the truck more reliable or "safer" but you can get a bit more lift. <-------"disclaimer"