• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rust Prevention

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I'd like to hear everyones thought on what products they might use or what thier routines are to prevent rust on chromoly. Typically after I take my truck out for a run I pressure wash it and then wipe the whole thing down with a silicone spray. It seems to work ok but I thought someone out there might have come across something that works better.

mgobaja

We just began selling a product at work called Fluid Film and it is supposed to prevent rust fairly well. WD-40 also works ok but it attracks dirt after the fact. Try calling F&L race fuel , I've heard they also sell some rust prevenitives.

Gabe Lara

WD-40 and wipe it down after. If the rust gets a little too bad, scotchguard pads and or a bit of Naval Jelly will work fine getting it clean.

michael_loomis

fluid film , corrosion X and wd40 all work well but attract a lot of dirt. silicone spray is proly the best next to powercoating and painting. you could always get it chromed :)

Mike_HKmtrsprts

WD40 works real good and its cheaper than silicone spray, i would shell out the money and paint it or even better powdercoat it cause other wise you lose your battle against the rust....