Ryan Arciero Interview - New Off-Road Podcast

Jimmy8

Reaction
Hey guys,

I recently launched my new off-road podcast (My national show still covers off-road but a lot of other stuff as well) where I can do sit down interviews with people in the industry. Ryan Arciero was one of my first guests and we talked for 75 minutes or so on his career, his time in open wheel and NASCAR, his first race ever with Jimmie Johnson, the Chevrolet Trailblazer program, the VW Trophy Truck program, Dakar, his time with Mark Miller, the real story behind their in-flight fueling in Baja, how he's found sponsorship, and where he sees the future of desert racing and why he's never gone short course racing. Let's just say, if you are an off-road fan, this interview is for you. His interview starts uncut for 75 minutes at the 8:30 mark to avoid the commercials.

#3 – Off-Road Edition with Ryan Arciero - The Down & Dirty Radio Show

Or for iTunes listeners you can subscribe here:

‎The Down & Dirty Radio Show on Apple Podcasts

BajaFand

Reaction
Listened to it yesterday, great show. Love hearing about the Mark Miller stuff and the Touareg program, stuff I never knew! Wish there was more about the Trailblazers but I enjoyed all of it.

Goober

Reaction
What does Ryan do for a living? I know he said that he works. Does the family still have the construction business? Last time I was in Paso the tasting room at the vineyard looked closed

renagade

Reaction
This was a good listen.

but i have to know... What v8 supercar team were you taking with ?

Jimmy8

Reaction
This was a good listen.

but i have to know... What v8 supercar team were you taking with ?
Man, we are going all the way back to 2001 or 2002... I don't remember the name of the team as I know they folded up over a decade ago... It was the team that ran the K Mart cars. TBH, I had forgotten about it until that interview. We had a couple of months of dialog over email, a phone call, and I met in person here in the states with someone from the team who was here on business at one point. I was only 21 at the time... Eons ago. jajaja.

renagade

Reaction
Man, we are going all the way back to 2001 or 2002... I don't remember the name of the team as I know they folded up over a decade ago... It was the team that ran the K Mart cars. TBH, I had forgotten about it until that interview. We had a couple of months of dialog over email, a phone call, and I met in person here in the states with someone from the team who was here on business at one point. I was only 21 at the time... Eons ago. jajaja.

This could have been you.

kmart.jpg

Jimmy8

Reaction