• Forum membership has its advantages....

Rzr recalls

Just received a recall notice from Polaris about my Rzr xp1000, there are 5 open recalls having to due with potential fire dangers. Called dealer, I'm number 100+ on the list since Polaris has not even shipped the dealer the parts, problem is I'm racing the Baja 500 and my Rzr was going to be used to prerun a big chunk of the course. What should I do? Wait and get the repairs done or cross my fingers and go prerun? Love to hear your thoughts on this- Mike

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

I've also read that since dealers can't sell current inventory that fall under the recall order until repairs are made, they are going to fix those before any customer repairs are done making it an even longer wait.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
What about an on-board fire suppression system? Would you feel secure enough to pre run then?

RedRide

Our's caught fire at Norra within the 1st 100 miles. Would have burnt to the ground but luckily we were pulling into the pit right when it happened.

RedRide

Apparently you are not supposed to drive with 2 feet, which I did. Not sure if this led to the issues but wanted to disclose everything.

ACME

So what about all the "racecars" w/o the insulation issue and more air flowing around the exhaust: What's the cause of all the fires there? Fuel rails??? Changed ours now want to know if there is anything else we are missing...

What's the supposed issue on 2 foot driving?

JoeyD23

2-foot driving can throw a code and put your car into limp mode if you do it too much / hard.

JoeyD23

You might be able to reset it by disconnecting the battery but not sure. Usually a dealer has to clear the codes with the digital wrench program but I'm not 100%