S-10 lifts....Never again

WeldnFab

Reaction
How many of you guyz have done a longtravel lift on an S-10? I did mine this weekend and I don't ever plan on doing one again or for a long while. I think I'll stick with my Toyota stuff for a while.

Build it right the first time......then the second, third and fourth...etc.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Why?

I didnt do the original lift on my truck but me and my buddies have takene the thing apart a few times whiel we were replacing ball joints Maybe i missed something but the hardest thing was to get the coil into the bucket. Next time though i wont have to do that cuase its getting completely redone in october i hope. no more coil buckets its time for coilovers.

cleartoy

Reaction
I know a guy with the CA Super trucks arms that have the uni balls up top, and custom modified to accept uni balls on lowers. Has lift spindles. Running SAW 2.5 coil overs and Bil air bumps. Dont know the numbers, but i hear it rails the whoops!!!

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

WeldnFab

Reaction
I'm sorry I should have clarifed my problem with the lift. ... it was the coil problem...that's it...it was just too time consuming for me......everything else was easy

Build it right the first time......then the second, third and fourth...etc.

Donahoe

Reaction
What is Really cool About that S-10 is now you are married to it for Life... You will be welding upper a-arm mounts back on and replacing upper ball joint for the rest of your life...

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Kreg,

You sre sbsolutly right . i have replaced 2 sets of uppers and one set of lowers since i had my crap put on. That was in december i think. I have also been told by a few people who looked at my truck my passenger side upper mounts damn near gone. i like my tuck alot but i just wish i knew about some of these very common issues before i decided to devote my every earnd cent in to it to make it the way i want it. But thats the price for fun, even though its hard to have fun worrying anout if im gonna get home.

Gregg

Tyson

Reaction
Hey GRegg for some reason I can't PM you back so here ya go.

Right now Im running stock gears but if youa re going to 33's then I would definately recommend 4:56 gears.

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Gusset the mounts and limit the travel so the ball joints are not able to max in either direction. THe ball joint wears out from being at it's extreme so if you keep it from going that far it will not wear out as fast.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"