S-10 owners!

prospectator

Reaction
Although the Chevy a-arms design seems to be frowned upon by the vast majority who frequent this forum, some simple changes and thought can make a big improvement. By replacing the upper bal joint with a uniball and extending the spindle we were able to get 13" of usable unbinding wheel travel. It also eliminated the large amount of negative camber at droop and resulted in slightly positive camber. These improvements vastly improved the handling of the truck while cornering through rough terrain.

michael_loomis

Reaction
how much would you charge to make the afforementioned adjustments, (plus some frame boxing)my truck has one of the first CST kits made on it(ball joint)

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I am not rying to put down what you have built. But the Bolt that holds the upper mono ball and tie rod ends are in single shear. The bolts also look like 1/2"? It looks like you will have fun driving what you have built but I am just pointing out a safty concern.

SJP12

Reaction
What kind of kit does that S-10 have on it? Upper and lowers, i'm guessing CST? What kind shocks and springs are you running? And what size tire is in that picture?

If youve never been scared your going to slow

1992f150

Reaction
Jerry how would you suggest improving the strength?

Azusa: shame of the foothills

sbro

Reaction
Jerry, didn't your old 5.5" Ranger kit also have the upper mono ball in single shear? How is that different from his S-10 other than the bolt diameter? I'm still borderline about making my lower mono ball arms in single or double shear, so an answer would be helpful.
(H&M tags, but same kit)

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
That was H&M's design, and it was 5/8" or 3/4" not 1/2".
Here is a pic of our design for the newer Rangers.

As for the Lower Mono Ball. note the double shere lower. With a 3/4" bolt and a 1.500" mono ball.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Sean, I have looked at the lower STOCK Ranger arms and a 1.500" mono ball would be awesome there. If you have any questions I will show you and explain at Off-Road Expo.

prospectator

Reaction
michael_loomis I had the help of a good friend who does the majority of fab. I will get a price and let you know. I also have one of the first CST kits made. The mono (uni) ball is 1" spaced down to 5/8. To clarify this is a mock picture. I didn't use lock washers and regular nuts. And I also used cotter pins. Thanks for the concern though. The tie rod end is in single shear. I have ran it for 2 years now and the only problem I have is the heims wearing out. I will consider double shearing the spindle, since it's a good idea. In the picture the truck has 33X10.5-15 tires. To run this tire firewall and fender mod's are required. I thank you all for the design ideas and constructive criticism. I had to put it out there to see what the pros and cons would be. RacerX anytime you want to go out just let me know. But if I just washed it we might have to wait. Ha Ha Ha. Thanks Again!

CoiloverKid

Reaction
can anyone explain brandon wilson's "dankfab" CST modded kit with the king coilovers? i'd really like to know how much he spent! i also know that he's getting an 18+ in kit made.

Keep it sideways.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
email him hes always been willing to answer questions i have had. I went to his house saw what he did and said alright im gonna have someone do that to my stuff since i dont have any expereince doing anything. Also. i think the kit he is getting made is by a shop in carlsbad dont remember the name but i have seen there stuff on another s10 in fallbrook it looks pretty nice and the kid that owns it i heard likes to beat the I failed spelling outa it. So far i have heard of i think 3 or so pretty trick s10s in the north county area. MAybe austin or someone can tell you and i more info.

Gregg

michael_loomis

Reaction
what i would like to know more than anything in the world , is why the heck my Sonoma lifts the nose under braking, it is one of the strangest characteristics of anything i've ever driven. prospectator , have you driven the new mod yet? does the front end still rise under braking or does it dive like normal?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The kid in Fallbrook is Justin (not the Justin who works at Baja). He has boxed upper and lower arms and they were made by his friend...I forget his name. If you call Baja Concepts ask Mike who built the arms on Justins S-10.

There is also a kid in Vista named Bryan who has a white single cab S-10..he has modified CST arms on his as well.

Brandon lives over by me and hes been working on his truck for a while now. Hes 4-linking it himself also. He used a little more bends then I would in the construction but he seems to be taking his time on it so it will probley work pretty good.

As far as his front arms I think he made a jig of the CST arms and then made his own, because I know he was selling his CST arms before. As for 18 I dont know about that since its only like 3" over. I would say about 13"-15" which is still plenty!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I keep thinking the place in carlsbad where the arms wer made is GTFabworks or something like that could be wrong though and yeah i believe his name is justin. ANd from what i rememberBrandon is getting his arms made by them also a completly different kit compered to teh cst stuff.

My turck also does that when i stop the front rises tehn i guess it settels kinda weird when i first noticed it i thought something was loose and was gonna break

Gregg

cleartoy

Reaction
You guys need to go to Security Chevrolet in Vista and look at Aaron Riddles s 10!!!

Dont know the year but its white xtracab, front is CST arms with uni balls upper and lower, SAW 2.5 coil overs and BIlstien air bumps in front. Back is 70" Nationals with SAW 2.5x18s and BIlsien air bumps. It is the nicest S 10 i have ever seen.....and i hate chevys!

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??