S.C.O.R.E. Diesel rules update--a while ago

reverhart

Does anyone have the tech announcment Score put out concering diesels
1) 1st they put out a press release saying turbo diesels were cool in TT, Class 8 and stock full
2) Then sometime after that they put out a technical note saying things like
Diesel trucks are limited to 64 Gallons
Diesel trucks cannot blow black smoke
Diesel trucks must instal la diesel particulate filter
and there might have been something about an exhaust restrictor

So when that came out I just figured we won't run SCORE for a while

But now I want to, and a particulate filter is about 10-30K for flow and horse power-- SCORE'S website doens't have the tech update for diesels anymore, and Bill at SCORE is looking for them--anyone know what it said for sure?

I hope things like exhaust restrictions aren't in the rules for an unlimited class

thanks

reverhart

I'm looking for the second announcement they made putting restrictions of diesels

Thanks though

DezRacer25

Anyone found out about these restrictions on diesels??? I wanted to put a diesel in a class 8.
Does VW have something to do with these since they had the clean diesel technology in TT?
They might not want any competition in the diesel powered trucks...Any insight?

Forty1Racing

WAJ I love the idea of diesels making it into the races! A diesel billowing out black smoke can't be any worse than a trophy truck getting 3 mpg with leaded fuel...
I say... it's racing... the smell of race gas is required and seeing a diesel soot fellow racers isn't bad ether!

fusionoffroad

Does anyone have the tech announcment Score put out concering diesels
1) 1st they put out a press release saying turbo diesels were cool in TT, Class 8 and stock full
2) Then sometime after that they put out a technical note saying things like
Diesel trucks are limited to 64 Gallons
Diesel trucks cannot blow black smoke
Diesel trucks must instal la diesel particulate filter
and there might have been something about an exhaust restrictor

So when that came out I just figured we won't run SCORE for a while

But now I want to, and a particulate filter is about 10-30K for flow and horse power-- SCORE'S website doens't have the tech update for diesels anymore, and Bill at SCORE is looking for them--anyone know what it said for sure?

I hope things like exhaust restrictions aren't in the rules for an unlimited class

thanks
you are the one I saw out of gas on the 91 the other day. I turned around to help I had 5 gallons becous my chevy fuel gage doesnt work and im always running out. when I pulled over you just got going.