s&s motorsports before diablo dry lake

Volcom1095

Reaction
hey i wanted to know if the 7 or 7s truck of S&S motorsports finished we were camped right in the wash going down into diablo drylake right after that cattle gaurd crossing there was a nasty dip there that they hit HARD i would say they were 3 to 5 feet in the air and went like 40 feet they broke there bump stop and we gave them some water and they went on there way but they were leaking oil bad and i was just wondering if they finished we saw a couple other crazy air shots there also to bad it was at night and couldint get them on video.
thanks Eric
wiseguy racing

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Eric,
They did pass us @ RG's pit in Valle de Trinidad later that evening, looking/sounding good, and eventually took 7s.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Big Matt can fill you in on the whole story but I think that is the bump that messed up the co-dogs back and they had to stop and take him out crack his back and he hopped back in. I know they rolled later in the day, Truck will be on display at D&B should be nice and thrashed..

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Eric,
I was pitting for Collins/Ragland at Erendira. S&S came through ON THE GAS. They finished first and were the only finishers as far as I know.

Racers Only

Big_Matt

T.A.B.
Reaction
Yes, we did finish, It was a tough one but we did finish. Cory Susag was driving and Carlos Lopes was co-dog at that point. We started the race with too much fuel going into the carb, they pulled over to adjust the carb and put out the fire, oops! They got caught up in the traffic jam at the summit but made it up with ease, AWD does not suck. They stopped at the BFG pit for fuel and adjusted the carb again and replaced one of the rear leafs. Carlos won't stop talking about their near roll by the Diablo dry lake bed, they stopped after the hard hit to make sure Carlos was okay, his back took a hard hit and Cory's knees went up under the dash. Both were okay but both right side bump stops were broke. The shaft broke on the rear bump stop. Doug Siewert took over with Trent (can't spell his last name) at the turn off for Mike's and had no problems, they ended up pull a lot of people out of ditches and off cliffs. At one point Hardin's and an 8 truck were both off the course Doug stopped to help pull them back on course. The 8 truck had a winch and was hooked up to our truck but was pulling the truck backwards. We didn't get them out. They cleared Mike's and went over to the beach section with no problems until 1.5 miles before the pavement at Santo Tomas. The front right tire caught a rock the size of a 21" TV but didn't seem to flatten the tire, but it must have been flat because the next turn they went off a 15' drop off. Doug said the truck just didn't want to turn and when if finally did the ass end was going over and they rolled all the way over onto the diver side. I was in Santo Tomas with 5 other chase guys and we went back wards on the course to retrieve them. We had to pull the truck over with a 4x and change the front flat. The truck started right up and we added 1 1/2 gallons of oil to the tank. No structural damage except for the front hub seems bent and the rear spring that was replaced earlier in the race was bent at the front mounting point. The truck was cruised to the next BFG pit in Urapan and fueled and we started on the repairs. We had over 4 hours before the next check closed. The steering was checked and the fixed and the rear spring was replaced, the team was feed and the truck was off at 8am. Those BFG guys are way cool. The chase crews that ran the inland section didn't know the truck had been rolled so they get a nice surprise. The rest of the race was uneventful and we crossed the finish line first in class. The best part was none of the HID's were touched in the rollover.