Sad News [Jerry Herbst]

sb4pro

Reaction
Sad news just saw on Instagram that Jerry Herbst has passed . My sympathies to the entire Herbst family .
A6030352-6513-41EB-9378-480B1F120DBC.jpeg

Curt LeDuc

Reaction
A prouder Father I have never met, I spent a lot of my career trying to keep my dust in front of the Goliath Herbst team both in the desert as well as Short Course. To see them come to Crandon for the first time put a smile on Jerry’s and my face. In Baja as I sat in staging I would have my radio on their channel knowing that Herbst air would warn the boys of any dangers as we headed out of town.
Like all racers there comes a time when you have to find parts at a race you do not have and this team never turned me away,Sportsmanship at the highest level!
Casey Folks shared with me the countless times the Herbst stepped up to make his events happen over the years.
This year at the 1000 in Catavina I met the next generation, Riley Herbst and grandpa would be proud, The legacy will carry on!
And so I say goodbye to a sideways sliding,cactus dodging,silt bed churning, cattle gate jumping, Baja Legend and Hero of Mine
Curt LeDuc
IMG_1543387511.105781.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
He was truly a great guy! Lots of great memories. RIP Ed.

ACME

Reaction
Godspeed and our thoughts and prayers to the Herbst family and team. A sad fact of life is that the older we get, we end up going to more funerals than birthdays or weddings...

Bryan Racing

Reaction
Thoughts and prayers to the Herbst family.My favorite memory of Mr. Herbst. When I was 10 years old my father and I were in a CJ-6 jeep towing a Gi trailer loaded with parts,we had been the Brian Chuchua Jeep team pit at Papa Fernandez for the first Baja 500 in 1969.After we pitted my mom at sun up we took off for Ensenada,mind you no black top from 3 poles to valley T. Early in the evening up by Valley T we came accross Mr. Herbst and Mr. Collins in their buggy,lost a engine or transmission,can't recall,we hooked a chain from the Gi trailer to their buggy and towed them to Ensenada.We would stop periodically to check on them,they always said we'er good, keep going. When we got them to Ensenada, they were most thankful. RIP Mr. Herbst.

baja_racer

Reaction
RIP Mr Herbst.........you were pivotal in the growth of desert racing......stay Terrible!!!