• Forum membership has its advantages....

SADR Rocky Point Desert Race

TJ_Gambino

sandstorm300.jpg

Feb. 24-26 In Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco) Mexico. Just 50 miles into Mexico from the Az border you will find a small, old school Mexican town that welcomes off road racers with open arms.

Feb 24th will see contingency held in the Old Port area with beautiful views of the Sea of Cortez.
Great shops, restaurants and bars line the streets for racers to enjoy.
Drivers meeting will be held that night at Changos Bar & Grill.

Feb 25th - race for bikes/ATVs will start early in the morning while trucks/buggies/UTVs will start three hours later. The starting line is old school style on the streets of Rocky Point heading out into the surrounding desert for two laps totaling 300 miles. Fast roads, rock gardens, whoops and even a little silt will make this a challenging course.
Post race awards will be held at the world famous JJ's Cantina on the shores of Cholla Bay.

You can visit the Southern Az Desert Racing website at www.racesadr.com for rules and entry fee. Additionally, SADR has a facebook page that gives updates as needed to all interested racers.

WEB LINK

FACEBOOK

Mark Carter 997

Where exactly is this race? I'm in Puerto Penasco right now & I can't seem to locate where you're starting from (it's a big city). Your maps on SADR website are not the most help. Better maps please. Thank you.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

TJ_Gambino

Race starts in front of the fire dept and heads East out into the desert. View the Tequila 125 sneak preview video.

VIDEO LINK

fatsaz

Like to see a good turn out for this race. Sadr puts on great long desert races that r fun for all. U can't beat the beach beers and tacos. Hope to see u all down there in 2017. Thanks Todd for putting these races on

TJ_Gambino

Just under a month away! Gonna be a great race.

sandstorm_mini copy.jpg

fatsaz

Like to see lots of az racers down in Mexico. Lets race ,drink beer and eat fish tacos. Can't beat it!!!

fatsaz

We will b down help pitting for 2 1600 cars. If anyone needs a hand please let me know. Car will b ready for may race. Hope to see lots of new racers down in rocky point. And a golf cart. I forgot

TJ_Gambino

Just a couple days away. If you are looking a for a fun race in a fun place, SADR and Puerto Penasco can't be beat. BIG $$$ up for grabs in the bike division.

FACEBOOK LINK FOR INFO

Tim

Headed down in the morning to drive Brent's car with Collin. Can't wait.