salvage vehicles

redline

does anybody know of good places to look for wrecked but buildable trucks. I am looking for a 98+ ranger any style 2wd,4x4, or edge. any help or sources would be great. thanx

AaronDixon

I've bought 2 trucks from VIP Auto Sales in Santee. Talk to Bruce, he runs it. I have had no problems dealing with him, or with the Salvage process. I bought one 2000 Ranger 4wd, and one 2000 F-150 4wd. Both of these trucks came out less than what I could buy it for on the street, but after each time, I swore I would never 'build' a truck again. Its not worth the time to do it. And in the end, you wont be able to sell it for as much money. People don't like to buy previous salvage vehicles...

orvacian

Young Devins Toyota force has grown weak.......he is being drawn to the Ford dark side.......much to learn, he has..........

RRose

I bought my first prerunner project out of a salvage yard. There were two benefits to buying a salvage title vehicle that I didn't know at the time.... the registration and the insurance were both cheaper. Plus the salvage dealer wanted all the parts that I didn't want on the truck (fenders, hood, bed), and knocked the price down even further.

sirhk100

I picking up a 1990 yota ext cab 4wd for $800 salvaged. Runs great!! It was salvaged because it was stolen and stripped. Missing hood, fenders, bed, seats, dash guages, and two windows. Basically everything I don't want is already gone. Seems like a deal to me!!!

martininsocal

Try Atlas in Hesperia, they have always been fair to me and helpful. You could also try the "used" car lot at the Pick-a-part in Pedley, they sell complete cars at great prices. They won't usually sell a car off the boneyard lot because they are making too much money off the strippers. I actually saw someones ride in there being picked down. I-beam Ranger that had a full cage...someone cut the cab cage off the frame but left the bed cage still welded to the frame. too bad...

Jack

Speaking of salvage vehicles, I have a cherokee that the unbody is all cracked up on. I already have it nonoped, and I am now taking off some things, but I put old axles on it to keep it a rooling chassie, I then want to give it to a shop that will be taking more off of it, then getting rid of it, what do I need to do with DMV to tranfer ownership while it is still nonop, or salvage?

redline

if its non op right now you just sign the title over. make sure you do a sale agreement with the condition of the vehicle

BIG_FAT_LOSER

it would be a good idea to register and smog the vehicle before doing anything to it. I have heard stories of people buying salvaged cars, building the piss outa them and having one helluva time trying to register and smog their modified rides a year or so later.

Ryan B

I am looking to buy a extended cab 2wd 93-96 ranger from salvage. Can anyone give me a generic price for a truck without front clip, bed, interior, and not running; basically cab doors and rolling chassis w/title. thanks for any help.

RRose

I paid $4500 for my '94 4.0L extra cab without all that stuff... but running.