San Clemente rip-off

Chris

Reaction
Some F'ING @$$#@%* broke into my garage last night. They lifted about a thousand dollars worth of tools a bolt on fabtech bumper and some spares I keep in there. The tools were in a red craftsman rolling toolbox that I had welded a mount to the side to hold a nitrogen bottle. I realize I'm not going to get any of my [censored] back, and it really pisses me off!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
You have Home Owners Insurance? If so they should cover it.

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

Chris

Reaction
I filed a police report. There is also a pawn shop about 3 miles from where I live so I'm going to go in there this afternoon and talk to the guy there see if I can work something out if someone comes in trying to unload a bunch of craftsman tools. I sadly to say have stupidly procrastinated with regard to renters insurance. I guess that taught me a lesson huh.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Yeah, dude Chris renters insurance is so cheap.. Sorry to here about your loss.. That really sucks. Who might know you had all that stuff? Might be a clue to go on..

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I fuggin hate thieves. They should have an air hose shoved up their azz at 250 psi

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://sww.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

mustafa

Reaction
I would check the recycler/ebay, yard sales and swap meets.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

bpthirteen

Reaction
Prep by Jake is in San Clemente, and we have had a problem with theft. The police caught a group of theives taking thousands of dollars in King shocks. I wouldn't want to be the guy Jake catches stealing. He has had enough.

www.prepbyjake.com

Chris

Reaction
Ya, I live next door to jake's folks and heard about that. I thought the guys that were hitting his shop got busted.

V8Ranger

Reaction
Chris I had a full size spare stolen from my house a little over a year ago. It turns out the punk that did it had been stealing spare tires out of trucks all over San Clemente. I went down to the police station after I found out they caught him but they didn't have my tire. I know that he has since gotten out of jail. I wonder if he's up to his old tricks?

J_Dog

Reaction
To all,
It's a good idea to engrave your initials or driver's license number(although a lot to engrave) on your tools and tool boxes. Being a Deputy Sheriff, this helps us cops find stolen items off of crooks. If your items don't have anything engraved on them it's pretty hard to identify, because how can I say a tool does or does not belong to someone that I stop and talk to. My suggestion is to engrave all your tools with your initials and the bigger items (i.e. tool boxes, etc.) with your driver's license number. When I stop and talk to "Joe Criminal", I can check the license number on the items, or the initials, and see that they are different and investigate further. Also, take photos of your items and hang onto them in case they are stolen, you can give them to the police you are making the report with. Keep a list of your items and their values, also. This sounds like a lot to do, but if your stuff is stolen it sure helps trying to remember what all you had and what it looked like. Last, but not least, get insurance.

Jeff Matlock

scott

Reaction
Sounds like someone needs a 4 inch King Kong Bypass shoved up their @$$.... If you have homeowners insurance you can probably recoop your loses or at least most of it... If you do read your policy, because those deadbeat insurance companies sometimes will drop the ball and cancel your policy... So READ YOU POLICY if you decide to do it...

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
sounds like good advice j dog

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

martininsocal

Reaction
not bagging or anything, but it sure seems like a lot of stuff gets lifted in the south Orange County area.
I have heard of a few guys who have been busted with stolen prerunner and race parts down there. My guess is, once a thief, always a thief, they just learn better ways to lift it in jail. And I am sure J_DOG can confirm this, most thieves know exactly what they are going after when they break into someplace. Make sure you go to Leducs swap meet, many thieves are pretty stupid and they may try to off the stuff at the sale.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I remember somebody saying something about a chrissman rearend being jacked...I bet that will be there and they will act lik eits an everyday part...."we got it at the junkyard and cleaned it up a bit. I think its from a Ford"

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

J_Dog

Reaction
I definitely agree with Martin. Most thieves know what they're looking for when they want to steal something, especially when it comes to specialty items such as tools, race equipment, etc. Also, I will confirm what Martin said about many thieves being stupid. Most of them are just dumb enough to try to sell that kind of stuff back to someone who knows about it. Remember, they are thieves, not brain surgeons. Another thing, there is no honor among thieves and someone will start talking about stuff they stole or items their buddy stole around others and it will eventually catch up with them.

Jeff

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
The guys who stole our enclosed trailer with the 5 unlimited in it tried to sell the car (less panels) to Gil at Funco for $5,000. Said they built it all themselves! Didn't know the first thing about 90% of the parts but they knew it had a VW engine. They weren't the sharpest sticks in the bunch!

V8Ranger

Reaction
What ever happened with that Mike? Did you end up getting all of your stuff back? Did they end up getting caught?

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
We got both trailers(they got the flat and the enclosed) and the car back with only minor things missing. The guys who stole our stuff were caught but they are just a small part of a larger group that steal trailers and move them from the Inland Empire to San Diego and to Phoenix.
We got real lucky. The SB PD found the car on the flat in a crappy area and impounded it. My brother saw the enclosed trailer being towed down the road and he followed the people who had it. It turned out to be the people who bought it from the thieves so the people took the cops right to them.