• Forum membership has its advantages....

San Diego Expo

I WORKED THE SHOW LAST YEAR THE TURNOUT WAS GOOD...THIS YEAR SHOULD BE BETTER (WORD OF MOUTH). THE ONLY THING THAT VENDORS CAN SELL IS APPERAL...I WILL BE AT THE SHOW THIS YEAR STOP BY AND SAY HI

DPpatrol

Last years was very cool, not as big as the pomona expo, but still cool. Some of Craig Stewart's creations were there and seeing them up close was worth the 8 bucks.

fishd00d

What A Joke
I went to it today. It was a bit smaller than I thought. I only saw like 2 race trucks. The rest was all buggys and quads. If you are into buggys then its worth it but if you are going to see race teams and trucks I would save your money.

Go Big Or Go Home

DougM

I was dissapointed with the turnout of the Expo. It was almost better last year with less vendors.
It was primarily a SAND show. There were a few off road cars( McMillins) and some backyard racers but not worth the $7(although it was for a good cause) Never saw any of the fab shops of last year or Ivan Stewart for that matter. I wont go again.

THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE RACE VENDORS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU THINK OF ALL THE SHOPS IN THAT AREA.......THIS MORNING I TALKED TO ONE OF THE MEMBERS THAT RAN THE EXPO. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT SHE SAID THEY MADE OVER $61,000.00 TO GO TOWARD THE BATTLE OF KEEPING OUR DESERTS OPEN.

JCA

RE: "There were a few off road cars( McMillins) and some backyard racers but not worth the $7(although it was for a good cause) Never saw any of the fab shops of last year or Ivan Stewart for that matter. I wont go again"

Doug, Ivan was there signing autographs when I was there, Auto Fab and RDC were there but most importantly money was raised to help the cause. In my opinion they (San Diego Off-Road Collation) did not promote it enough. This was in my backyard and I would have been happy to bring my truck down and put it on display(although I might have been classified as a "backyard racer) but I did not know about it untill my truck was taken apart. Instead of vowing to never go again send them an email telling them that you wish they would of had more race teams on display and that they should put a list of mailing addresses together so all teams espically the local and "Big Boy/Girl" teams to make sure they are invited and aware early enough to make plans to be there. I sent them an email. $7.00 plus membership is a small price to pay but a huge help in keeping our lands open and you got to see some cool stuff as well, although only a little.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

DougM

JC , Im not saying it wasnt good show, it just wasnt good for me. I did see Autofab (I dont consider them a fab shop but a dinosaur trying to keep afloat) Anyways Stewarts Raceworks wasnt there, TLR wasnt there, I didnt see Jimco etc. None of the big names except ORW. I didnt see Ivan at all on Sat. I went from 10-11:30am. I agree that it could have been better advertised. I did email them and let them know. I do appreciate their efforts for keeping the desert open, but since SD is the "off road " capital of the world, it could have been better attended by the local vendors(I guess most have more business then they know what to do with and dont need to advertise?)

my .03

scott

It wasn't that good. The only race team there was McMillin with the old chenowth, and the Porter Pr1, and one of there old class 1's from the 80's...I guess the money went to a good cause though !!!!