San Felipe 250 (Are you ready)

Honda48X

Reaction
Will a class 10 be first to the finish line or will a full on UTV be first?

Honda48X

Reaction
We are just over a Month away. Anyone know the course layout yet? This is the start of the SCORE 2019 season. Are the Bikes ready? Will this finally be a chance for KTM to win in 2019?

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
We are just over a Month away. Anyone know the course layout yet? This is the start of the SCORE 2019 season. Are the Bikes ready? Will this finally be a chance for KTM to win in 2019?
350 miles and course is going to be clockwise ? Any takers for the rumors ?

swiftracing5

Reaction
Yea I had heard closer to 400 miles. If I am being honest I would rather it stay closer to 250 even though it limits the layout to the torn up portions.

Christian Sourapas

Reaction
RUMOR: 348 miles, clockwise, goes south to start, then north through Diablo into San Matias. Go west to Valle T and then up the summit. That would be a really sweet course.

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
350 mile rumor is true as I entered Monday but direction of the course is still not none

PaulW

Reaction
Summits - FYI
-- Pauls Travels - Ha.
The traditional race summit has a new locked gate. 4" pipe on a narrow section with drop off on one side. Location is south of the summit and south of the gully crossing. Bike passage with a belay may be possible??
Found it 1/16/19. A local arrived by coincidence and he had a key. Saved my day to avoid a multiple mile backup and low fuel would have required support from San Felipe and an overnight stay - sigh. Another epic trip.

BTW, north of the summit the newest road up the ridge has washouts mid track but is passable with high clearance. The ranch near the summit appears to be abandoned.

Mini summit is as it was last year. Hard core 4x4 with winches required going downhill, Expect body damage like we all had. Nobody has gone westbound in many years. May be possible now days (not by me) due to constant erosion that continues?

swiftracing5

Reaction
That’s too bad about the ranch @ summit being abandoned. I spent the night up there prerunning for the 500 a couple years ago after I drove the car into no mans land where the burned out cars are. No Bs the guy made us coffee, dinner(cup of noodles), played guitar. Woke up and he pulled us out with his izusu. Hopefully the course runs through there so I can see for myself!

tsheehan

Reaction
That was a good course until the rain the night before made the summit impassible and they had to change the course during the race.

PaulW

Reaction
Both times the races were rerouted. I drove the course for both times a race was cancelled. Both times I had no issue. Yup, there are some bad places to avoid.
Strange evaluation by the marking crew?? Unfamiliar markers chose off route track instead of the traditional track both times. Mark the bad places "wrong way" and all would have been good.

Honda48X

Reaction
That is a great video. Any news on the course? Are the rumors for real? will it be close to 300 miles?

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Anyone hear rumors about a sportsman cut?