• Forum membership has its advantages....

San Felipe 250 map?

swu chase1

Where the SF 250 going to take us this year. South out of town North out of town matomi wash Chanute wash summit ?

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I would guess no summit and no Matomi, but still more oriented to the north. I hope they knock the top two feet off of the 4' whoops heading out of town. Can't wait for the race!

ace_photo

GET SOME
Where the SF 250 going to take us this year. South out of town North out of town matomi wash Chanute wash summit ?
Had some friends run out through Matomi a few weeks ago and it's almost impassable. Would be good for a KOH race.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Had some friends run out through Matomi a few weeks ago and it's almost impassable. Would be good for a KOH race.
Did the race even run through Matomi last year? It didn't go very far South before turning North towards San Matias.

jimmeege

The rock slide in the narrows makes it pretty gnarly. Next time out I'll get a pic.

WickedGravityVideo

I just hope the weather is not like last year.... that was a crazy morning. going up Matias Pass was like opening a freezer. Be careful wishing the whoops were knocked down -- could be like BITD and blade all the classic whoop fields, like at Jean.

LukeMcMillin

San Felipe is all about the washes and keeping it down south... Totally lame to run SF up to mikes and the summit, that sucks in my opinion. That's what the 500 is for... I hope it runs all the main washes, chanate, huatamote, azure, etc.... Oh but wait, the race is in January now, so all the washes may have a a few feet of water in them!! Doh, good thinking score!! LOL

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
You can go up 'north' without the Summit and Mike's. BTW...I didn't say blade all of the whoops, I just said knock the top half off the whoops going out of town. They will still be rougher than Parker. I am guessing one wash heading west off of the start.

JaysinDesignz

Anyone heading from Baja Sur to race? Love to find a team to help out with...

rocdog

Do you know what part of Matomi is ugly? We are going to be down at the race prerunning for fun and wanted to run Matomi. We wanted to run the part of Matomi that runs from San Felipe, south and back out to Hwy5 just above Puertecitos. Are you saying that part of Matomi is messed up or the tight part heading out towards Valle Chico?

The rock slide in the narrows makes it pretty gnarly. Next time out I'll get a pic.
Same question?

jimmeege

In the wash, going east from the Robbie Gordon shortcut, the rocky narrows is lots rockier.