• Forum membership has its advantages....

San Felipe 250 place to stay

RYAN COHEE

Looking for a place to stay for the race in San Felipe for four people. I have already reached out to Baja Niki
and I,m not looking for a $600 per night place. If any team is out of the race pm me.

Honda48X

Stay at the Hotel right by the El Dorado Ranch. The Blue Azul. it's 500 pesos a night and no issues. Rooms are nice for San Felipe. Hot water, decent beds, A/C plus you are right by Zoo Road.

RYAN COHEE

Stay at the Hotel right by the El Dorado Ranch. The Blue Azul. it's 500 pesos a night and no issues. Rooms are nice for San Felipe. Hot water, decent beds, A/C plus you are right by Zoo Road.
You have a contact ?

Hacha

At this time everything must be sold out, call Cesar Quirarte might have a place to stay at El Dorado Ranch 760.554.3558

bajafox

Accepted
You might as well look into the Baja 500 now if you plan to go to that one too. We got ours months ago, the hotel we've stayed at the last 3 years was already sold out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bajafox

Accepted
Well I might just not go afterall. The pieces of s!it at Hotel El Cortez emailed me to let me know my paid for room from months ago got cancelled due to overbooking. It was not sold out when the assholes took my money.

Typical, they most likely raised the rates and cancelled the early birds. Sucks, I used to have breakfast there when we preran in San Felipe. Ill never spend another peso there again.

TMorford

Just an FYI, when we were headed home at the 1000 the bungalows and restaurant that were a part of the El Cortez is now separate from the hotel and bar. Family issues according to the owner of the bungalow side so they split it down the middle (literally had a chain and posts up in November).

AZ7000'

Actually divided by four, Victors RV park has the furthest south bungalows, sister has to the restaurant and old office, north of that is the pool/bar restaurant and the southern most two story building for a brother, then the offset 2 story for the last quarter split. Bummer they couldn't all get along.

Victors is on facebook, not sure how to get ahold of the other 3 properties.

McCredie A

I was always under the impression Jorge Rodriguez Romero owned the whole place. He seemed like a good guy His son ran a fundraiser to throw a party for the foster kids. I have not been down for a few years now. Do the four properties tie into each other and they share the pool/bar and main restaurant or do you have to stay at a certain property?

bajafox

Accepted
Well either way I got screwed out of the plans we had since September when we booked our room. My wife is basically our logistics manager and plans all of our SCORE races months in advance. Shes already checking availability for the 1000 on a weekly basis. We were really looking forward to this years 250, now we're SOL

AZ7000'

My understanding is 2 brothers were running it and shut out the sister and Victor (the wall along the road was always the same at the hotel and Victors), after lengthy court issues it was divided into 4. Victor and his sister tried a partnership with the southern 1/2 that didn't pan out. Now 4 separate hotels, I would guess you could hit up the other restaurants, now 2, but I believe the pool is exclusive to that property.

The Mother still lives south of the restaurant in the house with the big patio, must be tough for her to watch. The issue must run deep.

PS I'm heading down in 4 hours for 10 days with the fam to eat, drink, camp, and pet the whales, VIVA BAJA!!

bajafox

Accepted
I think Ill just spend my money in the good ol US of A. Im not going to force trying to make this race after getting fkt over. I even got my Sentri pass in time specifically for the 250.

Even the CODE powder puff race is more appealing to me.

43mod

for 125k you can have my house on the beach for decades to come ! Dont mind the sunbathing blonde lady telling you to get away from her house.

bajafox

Accepted
for 125k you can have my house on the beach for decades to come ! Dont mind the sunbathing blonde lady telling you to get away from her house.
Haha, thanks! Why didnt I buy a lot 20 years ago when they were practically giving them away!?

bajafox

Accepted
Fk the race, what's the over under on BJ humiliating Toyota again?

Mike2388

we stayed at a house in el dorado on the mountain side for 5 days and it was $1700 split between all of us. online it only showed it was like $160 a night, so $800. do they jack the prices up that much on race weekend? or will i get the good rate if i book early? also we want to bring RZRs next year, wheres a good house to stay sleeps alot that has a pool and is secure so my **** wont get stolen?