San Felipe 250

Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Starting order is a really hard thing to fix.

There is a huge difference between the fastest and slowest of any class. Is it fair to The fast C1 to start behind the slowest TTspec? I don’t think so.

I was excited and nervous when I thought SCORE was staging in qualifying order. We were 35th overall and had a Gibbs powered TT two trucks back. And LR two trucks up. So it was mixed feelings.

Sometimes there just isn’t a great solution.

Mike

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
The solution is easy but everybody that is fast hates it. Like Coleman says, go back to the draw system and all start with your class. Maybe, just maybe we will find out some lucky guy that has a great starting position can podium for his/hers first time. For those of us that start way behind the TT class 1 and specs and even tens, where we should, we have to fight the dust all day.
I would bet Menzies, Luke, Rob, Dan, Letner could all still win

10 shot

RDC Crypto
The solution is easy but everybody that is fast hates it. Like Coleman says, go back to the draw system and all start with your class. Maybe, just maybe we will find out some lucky guy that has a great starting position can podium for his/hers first time. For those of us that start way behind the TT class 1 and specs and even tens, where we should, we have to fight the dust all day.
I honestly think the draw is the best way to give a slower guy a chance at a podium. I used to hate the bitd draw but after years of racing its really not bad and is a fair way to give the slower guys a chance. If your really fast you will come from behind and win anyway. Giving a fast guy clean air he will just walk away from everyone. I say make him earn it.

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
WTF?? Thats about the dumbest thing ive ever heard you suggest lol. You seriously want a draw instead of qualifying???? That makes 0 sense at all. Thats about the most unsafe thing you could possibly do.

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
I honestly think the draw is the best way to give a slower guy a chance at a podium. I used to hate the bitd draw but after years of racing its really not bad and is a fair way to give the slower guys a chance. If your really fast you will come from behind and win anyway. Giving a fast guy clean air he will just walk away from everyone. I say make him earn it.
Exactly

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
WTF?? Thats about the dumbest thing ive ever heard you suggest lol. You seriously want a draw instead of qualifying???? That makes 0 sense at all. Thats about the most unsafe thing you could possibly do.
Why, is it any more unsafe than a TT that broke for a hour and got behind a bunch of slower classes then tries to win the race by knocking all the people that are actually still racing in they’re class out by smashing them while pretending they are going to still catch the top dogs.

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Why, is it any more unsafe than a TT that broke for a hour and got behind a bunch of slower classes then tries to win the race by knocking all the people that are actually still racing in they’re class out by smashing them while pretending they are going to still catch the top dogs.
Its simple. Because you have a VERY big speed difference in the TT class. You have some fast professional racers in the class and you have some country clubbers out for a cruise to say they raced. When you have one truck doing 147MPH on a lakebed and they are closing in on a truck doing 100 thats very unsafe (look at what happed at KOH, thats why TT guys dont like lap races anymore either).

What other car sport in the world does not have qualifying? Why do you think that is? The fast guys should be up front because they EARNED it and because its MUCH safer for everyone.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
For tt that is probably the best option to qualify. 6100 should get a draw who knows MP may get a win! ........ ok nevermind .

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
Its simple. Because you have a VERY big speed difference in the TT class. You have some fast professional racers in the class and you have some country clubbers out for a cruise to say they raced. When you have one truck doing 147MPH on a lakebed and they are closing in on a truck doing 100 thats very unsafe (look at what happed at KOH, thats why TT guys dont like lap races anymore either).

What other car sport in the world does not have qualifying? Why do you think that is? The fast guys should be up front because they EARNED it and because its MUCH safer for everyone.
So you just proved my point, a TT that is behind that is going 120 on said lakebed while a Utv or class five or Trophy lite, you can pick any class that would be going under 100 is the same thing. Btw just in case you don’t know. There is more than 1 line available on a lakebed to get out of dust and drive safely. You picked the wrong example. Try telling the TT that is behind to be a bit responsible and respectful of the lower classes as they pass at 30/40 mph faster when they are not in a winning position and see where that gets you. lmao

MAC56

RDC Crypto

What other motorsport races in blinding dust? I have raced in three different types of starts so far in my offroad life, luck of the draw all classes mixed, luck of the draw by class and qualifying, start behind a fast car in a faster class ,clear air, start behind a slower class, easy pass clear air. Start by class more dust of simular capability less clear air. Start by qualifying much more dust as we are all still closer by actual short time results. Class starts were the result of big money wanting an advantage for TV coverage. Qualifying was to try and capture class 1 cars to go to BITD and have a better chance at overall that they had with SCORE.
my observations are that racing is much more enjoyable when you can see where you are going.
qualifying gives a racer a chance at a win for an event to feel good about even if the actual Race was not a win.
I would trade qualifying for a prerun at all point to point US races any day.

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
So you just proved my point, a TT that is behind that is going 120 on said lakebed while a Utv or class five or Trophy lite, you can pick any class that would be going under 100 is the same thing. Btw just in case you don’t know. There is more than 1 line available on a lakebed to get out of dust and drive safely. You picked the wrong example. Try telling the TT that is behind to be a bit responsible and respectful of the lower classes as they pass at 30/40 mph faster when they are not in a winning position and see where that gets you. lmao
Why are you comparing a broken down vehicle to a start order? WTF lol.

I think im gonna be like M Pyle and sign off RDC for a while again. its making my head hurt lol