San Felipe 250

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
WTF?? Thats about the dumbest thing ive ever heard you suggest lol. You seriously want a draw instead of qualifying???? That makes 0 sense at all. Thats about the most unsafe thing you could possibly do.
baja aint for wussys( Sal), no, the most unsafe thing is to get on the 5 in the morning to go to work

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
Why are you comparing a broken down vehicle to a start order? WTF lol.

I think im gonna be like M Pyle and sign off RDC for a while again. its making my head hurt lol
Well let’s see, you said speed on a lakebed, most lakebed are not 1 mile off the start so by the time they get there your point is mute. The guy that is doing or capable of doing 147 will most likely have passed the 120 guy way before said lakebed Regardless of start position. Are you beginning to catch up with your bias faults. Re read Mac56 post. He stated it very well

Advertising supports this site

ciscokid8

RDC Crypto
Anyone know why they posted overall qualifying and then started based on class? Was a total mess with all the top spec trucks fighting around class 1 right off the start.
We had early suspension issues and were pretty slow through the whoops, just trying to get through. One thing to help, is if stella is actually used. We were blasted and I mean Blasted by 3 different 6100 trucks. No warning, no horn no siren no nothing. Those that did I pulled right over asap even through the bushes and a small tree at one point. All of the Class 1s that passed us did so safely and I made sure to move so there wasn't any issue holding them up. I get it, Stella doesn't always work even though just about anyone else's did, but your horn, siren and even a light tap should always work.
BTW, the first truck that seriously blasted us end up breaking about 40 miles up and I got to beep at them as we went by. Hopefully that example will help them later. lol

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
We had early suspension issues and were pretty slow through the whoops, just trying to get through. One thing to help, is if stella is actually used. We were blasted and I mean Blasted by 3 different 6100 trucks. No warning, no horn no siren no nothing. Those that did I pulled right over asap even through the bushes and a small tree at one point. All of the Class 1s that passed us did so safely and I made sure to move so there wasn't any issue holding them up. I get it, Stella doesn't always work even though just about anyone else's did, but your horn, siren and even a light tap should always work.
BTW, the first truck that seriously blasted us end up breaking about 40 miles up and I got to beep at them as we went by. Hopefully that example will help them later. lol
What does "blasted" mean here?

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Its hard to make broad assumptions based on internet anecdotes and it seems that the severity of nerfs feel different when you're on the receiving end than the delivering end but having said that, it seems like recently there have been a lot of stories of these kinds of encounters...the no siren, no warning, straight to chrome horn stuff. Again hard to assume that it's becoming more prevalent just based on a handful of internet retellings but it makes me wonder if nerfing "protocol" for some no longer involves giving the person in front a chance to move BEFORE you hit them.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
There is technically cheating and plain outright cheating I don't believe it's all the same. Getting 10 hp because your a little smarter than the next guy may be cheating but cutting a course 25 miles is in my eye a little different. I bet if mr pyle had his truck torn down and inspected there would be some type of violation known or unknown. If there is a grey area you can gain a advantage most top teams are going to do it. Look at f1 racing there always pushing the rules. The thing is the faster driver is still going to win. The fast guys do not need to cheat they know how to beat you with talent! Build 5 trucks exactly the same guess what! One of those trucks is going to be faster and handle better. I had 3 of the exact same cars at one point and one of them smoked the other two. Everything was the same on all 3 cars. Was I cheating by using the fastest car? Its desert racing there is way more going on than a ecu advantage of 10 hp or whatever. Talk to the old school racers and cheating was huge back then. They called it being smarter than the other guy!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
one of the hits sent us off the course and took a major corrections to not roll... alos the 2" .120 tube is crushed...

that sucks, and sorry that happened to you guys. Not sure why guys cant keep their cool. I have been having issues and slower on course and its scary as hell.

We were at zoo road crossing and saw a spec truck go to pass a C1 and there were people between them. It was nuts and I thought for sure someone was going to get ran over. The crowd went wild watching it.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
I sat down with my laptop this morning to catch up on work. I open the laptop and its on the Fish SF250 pre race show. LOL that was the last time I opened my laptop. This sport takes a lot of time and energy. I remember back to watching that show and I was so excited. haha

Mike

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
Look at f1 racing there always pushing the rules. The thing is the faster driver is still going to win. The fast guys do not need to cheat they know how to beat you with talent! Build 5 trucks exactly the same guess what! One of those trucks is going to be faster and handle better. I had 3 of the exact same cars at one point and one of them smoked the other two. Everything was the same on all 3 cars. Was I cheating by using the fastest car? Its desert racing there is way more going on than a ecu advantage of 10 hp or whatever. Talk to the old school racers and cheating was huge back then. They called it being smarter than the other guy!

Off road racing drivers have more impact on where their car finishes than any other form of motorsports. But F1 isn’t any comparison. (F1 also does multiple inspections throughout the weekend and confiscates parts to take to the lab after the race.) “Slow” F1 drivers can win in a fast car. Fast F1 drivers can’t win in a slow car.

A fast off road driver can win in a well prepped slower truck.

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
There is technically cheating and plain outright cheating I don't believe it's all the same. Getting 10 hp because your a little smarter than the next guy may be cheating but cutting a course 25 miles is in my eye a little different. I bet if mr pyle had his truck torn down and inspected there would be some type of violation known or unknown. If there is a grey area you can gain a advantage most top teams are going to do it. Look at f1 racing there always pushing the rules. The thing is the faster driver is still going to win. The fast guys do not need to cheat they know how to beat you with talent! Build 5 trucks exactly the same guess what! One of those trucks is going to be faster and handle better. I had 3 of the exact same cars at one point and one of them smoked the other two. Everything was the same on all 3 cars. Was I cheating by using the fastest car? Its desert racing there is way more going on than a ecu advantage of 10 hp or whatever. Talk to the old school racers and cheating was huge back then. They called it being smarter than the other guy!
In 11 car is called massaging the gray area. Haha

10 shot

RDC Crypto
In 11 car is called massaging the gray area. Haha
Exactly if your not doing it there is something wrong. Every class does it! The way it has been since racing started with rules. If you do not come from a racing background I guess it doesn't make sense but I've talked to a ton of ppl in all kinds of racing and new flash...... there all doing something to gain a small advantage if its possible . Stop crying about it and get to work!

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
25 mile shortcut in some classes is a ' racing line interpretation'( i got blasted once , On purpose!, the big w i d e spectator wash at Parker, some cat in a yellow class 8 came WaaaAY over and pitched it right in front of me,roosted those golf ball size rocks , saw a big wall of them coming right at me, guess he didnt like my jeeps first big race's un broken windshield , thanx CL😍

10 shot

RDC Crypto
25 mile shortcut in some classes is a ' racing line interpretation'( i got blasted once , On purpose!, the big w i d e spectator wash at Parker, some cat in a yellow class 8 came WaaaAY over and pitched it right in front of me,roosted those golf ball size rocks , saw a big wall of them coming right at me, guess he didnt like my jeeps first big race's un broken windshield , thanx CL😍
If ppl knew how much the old school desert racers cheated would that diminish there results? RG GOT CAUGHT CHEATING! They found huge shortcuts and took them. Cant do that now because of trackers. So are they no longer champions? Is 10th place the real champion? Lol lord wtf just race and deal with it race to race.

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
If ppl knew how much the old school desert racers cheated would that diminish there results? RG GOT CAUGHT CHEATING! They found huge shortcuts and took them. Cant do that now because of trackers. So are they no longer champions? Is 10th place the real champion? Lol lord wtf just race and deal with it race to race.
Is jumping off a cliff cheating if you hit all the checkpoints? Honest question. Apparently there is a video of it that was never released.