San Felipe for the 1000

McCredie A

I searched and could not find what i needed, but sorry if this has been covered already.

I will be going down to San Felipe for the 1000 and wondering what the best sections will be for spectating. We are looking for a rough section and will have a 4wd and are willing to camp by the track to not disturb the course while leaving. Would preferably like to have an access road out though so if something does happen will can leave.

Thanks Andrew

shooei

Just north of Zoo road, plenty of whoops. Easy access. I saw them there at night back in 03 (B1000) the TT's were probably doing about 80-90mph.

PT9Baja

Its going to be hard to beat the overlap at RM 280. Get to see em twice. I always look for a spot that you can see a long distance like up on a hill or in a valley where they come down into it and then climb out. More fun to see the cars longer. Get the course notes when they come out and they have access info. Also the best thing is to have a radio to recieve the race info from weatherman and the racers. Make sure you do not have a sticky mike button, you will be scolded!!! Don't call on your radio unless emergency, but its fun to listen in. Alot of the racers will go by in the dark on that south loop and it will get really cold, take some real wood that desert crap stinks. In the dark, pit row is where the action is. With all the lights you get to see more than a noisy flash going by. There will be a lot of pit action on the overlap with teams getting a 2 for 1 deal. Course map. course notes. radio. GPS and course data. Warm clothes ,good wood ,night lights ,water ,shade in the day ,tamales anytime and a beer or two. See ya there!!

619Tacoma

Its going to be hard to beat the overlap at RM 280. Get to see em twice. I always look for a spot that you can see a long distance like up on a hill or in a valley where they come down into it and then climb out. More fun to see the cars longer. Get the course notes when they come out and they have access info. Also the best thing is to have a radio to recieve the race info from weatherman and the racers. Make sure you do not have a sticky mike button, you will be scolded!!! Don't call on your radio unless emergency, but its fun to listen in. Alot of the racers will go by in the dark on that south loop and it will get really cold, take some real wood that desert crap stinks. In the dark, pit row is where the action is. With all the lights you get to see more than a noisy flash going by. There will be a lot of pit action on the overlap with teams getting a 2 for 1 deal. Course map. course notes. radio. GPS and course data. Warm clothes ,good wood ,night lights ,water ,shade in the day ,tamales anytime and a beer or two. See ya there!!

Could not have said it better myself... *Applaud*:D

McCredie A

ok thanks for the info we already have a radio and planned on unplugging the mike unless of an emergency of course. This is not my first time going down but i do appreciate all of the reminders! I was kinda hoping for some directions from the town of san felipe to some hot spots! Not sure if they are even running zoo road this year but i do not really want to get stuck in that crowd either way. So if anyone would not mind telling me some personal prefrences that would be great. And pics would be much appreciated as well!!!:D

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
ok thanks for the info we already have a radio and planned on unplugging the mike unless of an emergency of course. This is not my first time going down but i do appreciate all of the reminders! I was kinda hoping for some directions from the town of san felipe to some hot spots! Not sure if they are even running zoo road this year but i do not really want to get stuck in that crowd either way. So if anyone would not mind telling me some personal prefrences that would be great. And pics would be much appreciated as well!!!:D
I you want to stay closer to San Felipe than RM 280/400 that was previously suggested, I think RM 350 would be good. There will probably be a few people there but nothing even close to zoo road. Plus if you are off-road vehicle equipped you can access several parts of the course without having to use the course. Within about a mile the course goes from gnarly whoops coming out of the wash to very high speed graded road depending on what you want at any particular time of the day.

To get there drive through town past the am/pm like you are going to the airport/puertecitos. When you get to the turnoff where the airport is straight and the puertecitos paved road is left - go right. It's a gnarly washed out at one time paved road that will be fun to pick your way through. You'll cross over old puertecitos road and keep going through some more sandy whoops (this is actually part of previous SF 250 courses) pretty much until you hit the course. When the GPS comes out you can check this all out in google earth and you'll see that all you have to do to access other parts of the course is go back to old Puertecitos road head in either direction and find any number of little trails that head west toward the course.

McCredie A

Thanks for all of the info! Sounds like it should be fun.

PT9Baja

Its going to be dark and less than 1/4 moon at 350.If you get set up in the daytime and like watching in the dark south of SF is a really nice place.

PT9Baja

The bikes TTs and class 1 could be through there before dark

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
We'll be pitting for G&R near San Felipe..........really nice to kick back and relax........

Baja Fool

Stop! you guys are killing me........I'm stuck on the west side...wet & cold:cool:.

McCredie A

Any idea what time cars will start coming through?

y2kbaja

41st score tecate baja 1000 2008 bike start 6:30 am 31 hours
veh start 10:30 am
last start 1:00 pm approx

start check 1 check 2 check 3 check 4 check 5 check 6 finish
race mile 0 141 280 364 410 499 590 634
ck2ck miles 141 139 84 46 89 91 44
race hrs ck2ck @ 25 mph 5:38 5:33 3:21 1:50 3:33 3:38 1:45
first bike arrival @ 62 mph 8:46 11:00 12:22 13:06 14:32 16:00 16:43
first veh arrival @ 55 mph 13:03 15:35 17:07 17:57 19:34 21:13 22:01
your veh arrival @ 25 mph 18:38 24:12 27:33 29:24 32:57 36:36 38:21
cp closing time

y2kbaja

41st score tecate baja 1000 2008 bike start 6:30 am 31 hours
veh start 10:30 am
last start 1:00 pm

start check 1 check 2 check 3 check 4 check 5 check 6 finish
race mile 0 141 280 364 410 499 590 634
ck2ck miles 141 139 84 46 89 91 44
race hrs ck2ck @ 25 mph 5:38 5:33 3:21 1:50 3:33 3:38 1:45
first bike arrival @ 62 mph 8:46 11:00 12:22 13:06 14:32 16:00 16:43
first veh arrival @ 55 mph 13:03 15:35 17:07 17:57 19:34 21:13 22:01
last veh arrival @ 25 mph 18:38 24:12 27:33 29:24 32:57 36:36 38:21

check point names are appox area
check 1 mexicali
check 2 tres hermanos
check 3 san felipe
check 4 tres hermanos
check 5 san vicente
check 6 san antonio
finish ensenada

clock is race clock, starts at 6am, therefore 17:00 is 11:pm friday, 27:00 is 3:00am saturday

It looks like the columns don't line up here so I attached a Word document.

Attachments

McCredie A

So now with more people prerunning does anyone know of a good action spot in San Felipe. Hopefully some woops or a good size digger. We want to see some suspension work.:D

Dezertpilot

Ill be in Borrego also, not far from San Flippy anyways...