San Felipe hotels

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Dont tell me that Victor. Of course once again I have no hotel room booked yet. I am not used to this selling out business. I used to walk up and reserve rooms when I got there.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Victor, JB and anyone interested-

I've been hearing that rooms are at a premium for this year's event, worse than before. A couple of contributing factors are:
• The Marina hotel has made a portion of their facility time-share properties.
• Las Missiones has a substantial portion of their facility closed. Whether it's for rennovation or other reasons, I have no idea.

Looks like people should be looking into El Monte RV's availability for mid-March.

Good Luck to all!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
...costa azul booked most (all?) their rooms to two large spring break groups. We even double checked the dates, since spring break is usually the weekend before the race, but nope.
Guess we're gonna see lots of rv's and tents this year :S

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
i live in mexicali, personally know a couple of hotel owners and everything is sold out, its spring break and holy week after, its gonna be a crouded race !!! I made reservations for a couple of co riders that are coming from germany, las misiones is under new management but are taking reservations and will be open by next week. you cn find the phone number on the web. I made reservations but am doubtful that its solid, they didnt ask for a cc #. Any ways, i also called Riviera and maybe theyll have some rooms, but they wont know till monday... This info is for the CODE race on the 12th of april, for the score race, Klaus and john, i might be able to lend you my house in san felipe, just send me a PM...

racing in Mexico....where it belongs
el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

Junior

Reaction
Where is the Costa Azul? What type of band is Guttermouth?

Junior
EJR Racing Trophy Truck #44
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ejrracing.com>http://www.ejrracing.com</A>

sirhk100

Reaction
How did Guttermouth get involved? They are a punk band who I don't think has one serious song. Most of their songs are funny as hell once you figure out the lyrics. Their shows are AWESOME if you like going to punk shows!!!

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
...and costa azul is the hotel at the begining of the strip, right across from where bfg use to park their rig during contingency. White and Blue and it has that big ass pool that no one ever goes in. Oh yeah, the Honda guys usually stay there.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Two words

"Pete's Camp".

Have fun!

PJCinLV

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I'll be there with Pat...tell Fidel to be ready!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

michael_loomis

Reaction
the " rumor " about costa azul is that it was built with radioactive steel , i cannot confirm this but a lot say it true. guess we need to get one of those gigercounter (sp.?) dodaddies and check . i've stayed there twice and nothing to note so far..... well almost ... i have developed this twitch that ....

wannaberacer

Reaction
Yea ive heard that same rumor for years and I have been told that it is true but who knows i dought you would get sick or anything from staying a few days

have you guys checked the hotel thats next to georges resturant he owns it and its a decent place to stay

I wanna race....

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Being a local, i can verify that it was built with a "litle" radioactive steel (brought from the US), its also in a supermarket in mexicali from the same building company, they shut down both constructions for about a year till they verified the levels, if you stay more than a week youll start drooling, a twich and you may turn gay ...Sad but true........

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

Pops

Reaction
Here is a list that may help.

SAN FELIPE HOTELS:

All phone numbers begin with 011/52/686

Chapala 577-1240

Costa Azule 577-1548

El Capitan 577-1303

El Cortez 577-1055

El Pascador 577-1188

Josefina's 577-1673

Langosta 577-1571

Las Misiones 577-1280

Las Palmas 577-1333

Riveria 577-1185

San Felipe Inn (Los Pelicanos) 577-1608

San Felipe Marina Resort 577-1455

Pit Support (Riviera Racing)

Attachments

Junior

Reaction
RE: How did Guttermouth get involved?

Playing live at the Costa Azule for Spring Break. VH-1 again?

Junior
EJR Racing Trophy Truck #44
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ejrracing.com>http://www.ejrracing.com</A>

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Does anyone know the name of the hotel that is about a mile past tech on the beach and you have to pass by a guard gate to get in. Its huge and looks pretty new.

mgobaja

Reaction
Could be EL cortez. It is the one where you come to the corner and turn right to go up the hill to the pemex, if your leaving the melancon.

michael_loomis

Reaction
isnt it "the marina" or something like that.

DELETED..

Reaction
Just got off the phone with Tony Tellier his e-mail is down since all the rains in Yuma but he said anyone needing a place to stay they can use his house at Pete's camp. E-mail him it should be working soon so he can get a head count as to how many to expect. tellier@mindspring.com

sirhk100

Reaction
Okay, so what's the date that Guttermouth is playing down there???? I love going to their shows!!!!

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)