San Felipe hotels

erikh

Reaction
I got a question to pose. If the hotels have been sold out because of spring break and lots of people are having trouble finding a place to stay (other than camping and the relying on the generosity of others) what are the chances of moving the race to a different date? It sure would be nice to not be in Henderson in July. So, how about switching the Henderson and 250 dates?

erik

erikh

Reaction
I haven't been down to San Felipe in the summer so thanks. Guess that's not such a good idea. Maybe just move the 250 a few weeks before spring break?

erik

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
Spring break goes for a month or so across the U.S. So by changing the race by a week or tw wouldn't help because there still will be spring break for some schools. I have had spring break from mid March thru mid April depending on which school or university that I was attending. Personally I would say there are more racers than spring breakers.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
The Spring Breakers are usually there Monday and leave Thursday, just when a majority of the racers arrive. There is hardly an overlap between the two groups.

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
It sounds like the spring breakers will be good publicity for offroad...even if only one person gets hooked...its one more!!!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

sweetdevil

Reaction
Thanks to Pops for posting the Phone numbers of Hotels down there, does anyone know names, maybe even numbers, of campsites we can call and check availability or make a reservation at?

<font color=red>Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over</font color=red>

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
See www.petescamp.com

Rafael is excellent about answering email.

PJCinLV

michael_loomis

Reaction
its not a big deal , its usually a lot of fun with both groups there. ROCKADILE LOOKOUT here i come !!

DesertCreations

Reaction
Pete's Camp is full I tried to get a spot on Monday. "Damn" I've stayed their for the last 5 years, now where?

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
You guys might try Club de Pesca, its the camp right nexto el cortez, where the road ens and pushesyou up to the dunes....Ill try and post the phone number later..

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I haven't been down to Felipe since '99 but wanted to share where we used to camp. There was a spot north of town called Los Dolphinas (sp?) that I stayed at a couple of times. However, the times I was there for the races, we would turn off (as we were driving south into town) toward the beach just before Los Dolphinas on a dirt road. We would pass a house or two, do a little "S" turn and land on a bluff (to the left) just above the beach. It was pretty nice. 2WD was no problem and there was also access to the beach for beach runs when the tide was low. But be careful!

Baja_Seve

Reaction
I rode down there this past Prez Day weekend. Beat the pavement on Sunday afternoon of EVERY off-street motel and hotel that I could find. All booked for SF250 race weekend. I've even had a credit card-assured reservation come back and saying they "overbooked." There were no "blocked" dates for racers for SF250.

We're bringing sleeping bags and tents for our racers and pit support. Think the SF hotel/motel community needs to figure out what they need to do when a Spring Break / SF 250 weekend occurs together. We're down there for some serious business, and as much as I like partying with spring breakers, they (spring breakers) have a choice where to go other than San Felipe.

Wonder if anyone down there would like to study this: who spends more, off-road racers or spring break partyers?

Baja Seve
DP Racing

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Thats easy, spring breakers because they are still living off mommy and daddy's credit card!

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Not only that...spring breakers go down with a bag of clothes and a pocket full of money and pay for everythign down there...whereas most of the racers go down fully preppared and only buy pemex and tacos

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

SORS

Reaction
Dephenies is closed and abanded, we go to swim there in the summer. No camping thought. Most of the North beches have camping, you Just have to find one when you get here. Also you might try www.eldoradoranch.com and check on Conchania camping, not on the beach but good sucurity.

Kenneth
See Ya N Baja

SAN FELIPE RAT

Reaction
OK, looks like my apartment on the Beach is now available again. 2 room apartment ( beachfront ) in Villa de la Palmas $300 for the extended race weekend. One queen ( or 2 full ), plus sleeper sofa. kitchenette, TV, AC, BBQ, secured race trailer parking. Sleeps 4 max. On the fickin Beach!!! Next to Marina Resort.
Tony @ 909-815-2753