San Felipe Race

Outhouseracing

Reaction
Looks like Gus V. and Rob M. won overall in Mexico and Dale Ebberts took first in class 1, looks like off-road com says Trophy Truck #99 hit a Motorcycle rider and he is deceased, its all posted on www.racedesert.com

motoxscott

Reaction
Trophy truck vs motorcycle.............thats not good.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the mc rider.

-Scott

sweetdevil

Reaction
San Felipe was an incredible race. I didn't understand why everyone disliked spectating at Laughlin so much, but after getting that rush of a TT coming within feet at 50+ mph, I get it. The accidents and loses were very saddening, the rider that died, Riviera, and #80 that burned, my condolences go out to all that were involved... I feared for other motorcycle and quad racers, there were three incidents that I heard from weatherman involving trucks vs bikes. I hope that a something can be done to help prevent these accidents, maybe an even earlier start time for the bikes, or a different day? It's scary being on a bike with a TT on your tail...

On a happier note, this was one of the best weekends I've ever had. I hope all my trips to mexico will be as memorable as my first, I had so much fun! Congratulations to Pflueger and the team, thanks for the good times!

<font color=red>Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over</font color=red>

gary

Reaction
very sorry to hear about the mx death. condolences to all involved.

who is #80? checked SCORE's list, and there isn't a #80 listed..other class??
TROPHY TRUCK
52 Juan Carlos Ibarra
99 Nick Baldwin
8 Dan Smith
1 Tim Herbst
12 Brian Collins
4 Gus Vildosola
7 Scott Steinberger
44 Rich Hoffman
11 Mike Dondel
5 Marty Coyne
74 Alejandro Mendez
6 Steve Sourapas
15 Jim Beaver
3 Mark Post

sweetdevil

Reaction
He was a TT entry on Sat am... a friend of Khris and Fish, I think his name was Rod. It was some datsun/nissan thing that should have been 7open or 8, but there were so many mods to the truck that the only thing that was legal was TT. I heard he was nerfed, went sideways, nerfed a second time, and then rolled, and engulfed in flames. The driver and co-driver got out uninjured, but it was a total loss, we went by camp to see the truck thinking maybe the hood had burned, but there was nothing left... no seats, nothing... just some burnt tubing.

<font color=red>Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over</font color=red>

mgobaja

Reaction
I think it was Rod Fanatelli. He ran the truck in FUD a bunch of times. Fuds has a Big Truck and a Small Truck class. So it was Fud legal and no legal much elsewhere. So it seemd he was forced to run with the big boys. It might have panned out if it was a longer race, where a bulk of the Trophy Trucks dont finish.

JCA

Reaction
It was Rodd Fantelli. It is a 7 truck that has been racing for years down at the Fud races. It was not SCORE legal for 7 and gets bummped to TT. Heard one side of the story and I am witing to hear from the second. If they want they can pm me instead of posting.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
There is a short clip of Rodd's truck on fire in ORC's clip:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://banner.off-road.com/videos/2003sf250short1.wmv>http://banner.off-road.com/videos/2003sf250short1.wmv</A>

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Rhi,

Thanks for the excellent serenade at Rice and Beans. I didn't know you were so talented........well, I mean at least when it comes to music...... ;-)

See ya in the dirt!

sirhk100

Reaction
Hey Austin after Thursday night's escapades I think you officially need to go to nerfaholics anonomys... I surprised we didn't hit that damn cop!!! I think that's the only thing we missed.

Jr. It's all speculation!

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Oh hell!

San Felipe RULES!!! By far the best race of the year. I had a great time once again!

Thur night was great and I guess the cops don't like it when you nerf their little posts that are suppost to be blocking the road lol...only cost $40 to stay out of jail so it wasent that bad considering all the other stuff we had pulled on thur night lol. How about that pass down in the dirt Klaus, Jeff, and Full Pull?

Had a great time on Sat afternoon/night with the Pflueger team! Even after being thrown in the pool along with the rest of the team.....the balcony scene will live on forever :)

Yes stickers are worth a million bucks down there. At every military check point we came to, we had stickers ready and handed to them and not one stopped us or even gave us a 2nd thought they just waved us through....

Khris the only speculation is how many people know..... :)

Cant wait for next year!!!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

sirhk100

Reaction
I'll have to admit... Traffic stopped was funny [daddy didnt love me]!!!! Hey did anyone else see grandma at Rockodiles during contigency? That was SCARY!!!!

Stickers are god!!! Also a caged truck works wonders too, "yeah, it's a race truck, we need in there!!!"

And last but not least. There's really only 2 of us that know anything soooo, we'll leave it at that!!! Obviously what happens in Mexico doesn't stay in Mexico, and Damn, have I got some photos that don't involve me that people would LOVE to see but won't cause I"m not like that!!!!!

Khris

sirhk100

Reaction
Yeah, I"m sure someone was in the bar with their damn laptop and cell phone keepin all the rumors updated.

:p J/K

Khris

KitRacer

Reaction
Well K. I. T. Racing had an excellent race. I started the race in class 1/2 1600 as 1649 with 30 cars in front of me. The car ran great and I handed the car over to Adam Pfankuch at the end of Old Portecitas road with a 2 minute lead over second place and sixth in position physically. It didnt take Adam long to get the car into first physical (we passed all 30 cars) and pull an even larger lead over the competition. Right about this time around mile marker 185 the car lost a cylinder (what later turned out to be a bad plug wire) and we thought our day was doomed. Even on three cylinders Adam was still able to make up more time on the rest of the pack. He continued on to the finish. We won class 1/2 1600 and came in physically first in class.

Thanx to Fish and Sweet Devil for the entertainment to calm my nerves as i waited frantically for the car to finish

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

michael_loomis

Reaction
yes the grannie was FREAKIN ME OUT MAN!!!!

who the HELL told that fat girl she looked cute in that tank top and skirt!!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
The burned up truck was Fantelli. The truck had no right being in TT and should have been running sportsman. The truck was being nerfed while it came by us (got it on film) and then a few hundred yards down the road it caught on fire after a roll. Fantelli would not move after a few nerfs and then a nerf in some softer sand put him sideways and then it rolled over and got clipped again as the class one was trying to go around him and then it flamed up. They were ok although some back pain was reported. Things like this are exactly why vehicles should run with like vehicles. The truck was not a 7 open and was nowhere near a TT and in the end a price was paid for running with teh TT's. I am not saying its not a bad incident, but it could have been avoided if it was running in the sprotsman class where it should have been. I have some footage of him coming by and then after it flamed up I went down for some close ups... there was no abusive nerfing!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

JCA

Reaction
Kritter can you send me the video you have. Thanks

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Here is the granny clip censored by the rail lol:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/granny.wmv>Granny Clip</A>

Go Big Or Go Home