San Felipe Stories ???

Dez_Annihilation

RDC Crypto
I was at RM 214 Santa Maria road access to Old Puertecitos road using a Vertex Standard handheld radio and i was able to pick up weather man all day (THE MIC DOESN'T HAVE TO GET KEYED WHEN YOUR NOT TALKING) weatherman Bob got pissed off because somebody was keying there MIC like for fifteen minutes. Also saw Post's TT get passed by a sixteen car in that whooped out section as they dropped into a big hole. all in all fun race.

desertracer

RDC Crypto
vwcardoc said:
it clearly said TRY FINISHING A RACE THEN TALK SHIRT!!! #3 saw it myself at the
gate to tech

I was looking for a pic of that sticker on Baldwin's hood about taking the hood off. I know I have seen it on the internet before, anybody have it that can post it. It was in dirtsports as well.

DesertDiva

RDC Crypto
Once again I had an awesome race weekend. San Felipe as always had great weather, fish tacos and cold cervesas. It was fun seeing all my "race buddies" and meeting some new ones as well. Got to Contingency and enjoyed all the festivities.

Went back to Pete's Camp for a much needed afternoon nap on the beach, then got cleaned up and went to the bar, which was a lot of fun. A bunch of us were dancing to the awesome DJ =). Got to go to Tony T's Casa for his party for a bit (THANKS) and hang out with my KIT pals. My highlight was seeing him ride on the back of Danny's 400 haha...

Race day came VERRY early, so nice to wake up to Weatherman in the morning! Headed out of town and got to see the lineup at the famous "Arches" aka the start for the first time.

Drove to "midway" or the "percebu road" and enjoyed the race from there.

After the race was wrapped up we headed to Percebu and it was the most crowded I have EVER seen it! Had a Cazuela Bowl or two and then headed back to Camp to wash off the dust and go out to town.

It was Bar Miramar for us and it was a BLAST! It was fun times out on the patio with the RDC/DR Group as well as hanging with my DP Racing buddies.

CONGRATS to all who WON!!!! ....and to those who finished....that was a toughie!

Thanks to you all for making my SF 250 a blast, See you all at the 500....(it seems so far away!)
Viva Baja!!!
-Kelly
(sorry for the long post :p )

Riviera Jeff

RDC Crypto
Website
www.rivieraracing.com
Hi this is Jeff from Riviera, just a quick update. Ronnie is currently on the Riviera injured list as co-rider for Nick. We are not sure how this rumor surfaced as Nick soloed the San Felipe 250 race and plans to do the same for the Baja 500. Nick was on a mission in San Felipe. He started 14th off the line and by RM 55 was the 7th T.T. by. At the Riviera main pit at RM 122 the 99 truck was in 3rd position behind Baldwin and Herbst. Unfortunately at RM 198 the transmission failed and Nick lost 3rd position as his chase crew replaced the transmission.

RE:
Anyone out there with stories, or something they saw ??? Congrats to TT 99..... Ronnie Gilliespie driving the second half for Nick and keeping up even with a transmission going down by Puertocito's/ Matomi area.... Quick repair and a 5th in TT......

200MPHTape

RDC Crypto
Riviera Jeff said:
RE:
Anyone out there with stories, or something they saw ??? Congrats to TT 99..... Ronnie Gilliespie driving the second half for Nick and keeping up even with a transmission going down by Puertocito's/ Matomi area.... Quick repair and a 5th in TT......

I was at RM68, they came by 5th TT, at 09:38:10, and were just smoking!

Attachments

• 99TT.jpg
    99TT.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 320

DustyLens

RDC Crypto
mesquito_creek said:
Several Class 1s have passed us now, as we peer down for the next car, ITS TWO buggies, and there isn't room for two!! BAM!!! the lead front car (Red/orangish) EXPLODES a BIG cactus/bush as the both keep fighting for the line. The track gets wide enough for both of them and the trailing buggy (blue/purplish) blasts by to make the past. MID pass before he's clear we give him the big arm pump in the air for the spectacular show,... Driver is calm and cool and gives us the quick wave, just before clearing the car and speeding away!!!!! ONLY IN BAJA!!!

I think that was the Parkhouse car. He had exploded cactus all over the right front side and mentioned something about fighting for it when he came into the FAIR pit.

MikeLeung

RDC Crypto
The blue/purplish buggy was the Tatum 10 car driven by Ron Dalke...he remembered waving to you guys.

AdrenalineImage

RDC Crypto
Website
www.adrenalineimage.com
Here are some of the early tt action at the zoo road. Amazing that they are running so close at this point. Also thought the scenery was pretty cool in the desert with the Baldwin 96 truck (approx mile 108 - just before they broke the ring and pinion)

Attachments

• SanFelipe05_0001_005.jpg
    SanFelipe05_0001_005.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 362
  • SanFelipe05_0019_005.jpg
    SanFelipe05_0019_005.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 334
  • SanFelipe05_0028_001.jpg
    SanFelipe05_0028_001.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 352
  • SanFelipe05_0096.jpg
    SanFelipe05_0096.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 324

mattb

RDC Crypto
Did that Hunter car race in San Felipe? I'm referring to the one that debuted at Laughlin.

baja_driver

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RT-DESERTRACING.COM
here's a good one...we come up on a race car on friday late afternoon before the race on the way back to camp(el dorado) . he was pulled just off the road...he had run out of gas. we stopped dumped about 4 gallons for him to make it back to camp...we did not know the guy, we push his car to jump start it and he takes off..no thanks or anything. we getta a free love tap on this car when we see it on the course next time.