• Forum membership has its advantages....

San Felipe's starving poor

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
Received a text today from James and Connie Coats , who live in SF and are valued members of the Weatherman Radio Relay Team. They wrote about the food bank being bare and the need for non perishable foods.
Pre runners, race teams and spectators let's put together an effort to help the poor people of San Felipe by re-stocking their food bank.
I will do another post as to the drop off point after I get the word from Connie.

y2kbaja

I'm heading down next weekend. We do a canned food drive at work and I can take a few boxes down if that will help. Let me know and where to take them to.

RYAN COHEE

It would be cool if we could have a drop off place at tech in two weeks..Any ideas on drop location

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bro_Gill

The bar stool at the west end of the Miramar. I think the guy who holds it up is connected enough to handle making this happen. Jamon?

Weatherman

Received a text today from James and Connie Coats , who live in SF and are valued members of the Weatherman Radio Relay Team. They wrote about the food bank being bare and the need for non perishable foods.
Pre runners, race teams and spectators let's put together an effort to help the poor people of San Felipe by re-stocking their food bank.
I will do another post as to the drop off point after I get the word from Connie.

There is a lock box storage at km182. They have given us a secure site for the food drop off.
It is a tan building on the right side of the highway just before the play azul restaurant.
Remember it's for non-perishable foods.

DHBENT

Will be glad to help it is LOCK Box Storage KM 182 on the west side north of town . Easy in and out lots of room and easy to find .I have a bunch of buggy's out front for sale . You can't miss it . Will be open all week from 8 am to 4 pm .

Anger Issues

It would be great to get more specifics about what they need. I don't know what locals eat down there... tortillas wont keep... and cans of ?? Any ideas? I doubt they live on canned pork and beans or chili! I think soup sucks... so?

El Mamito USMC

I can bring a MRE case when I get there to prerun? drop off spot?

DHBENT

You can start bring stuff anytime . Open Monday thru Friday 8 to 4 and Sat. 8 to 2 . Closed Sunday .

It would be great to get more specifics about what they need. I don't know what locals eat down there... tortillas wont keep... and cans of ?? Any ideas? I doubt they live on canned pork and beans or chili! I think soup sucks... so?
Their diet consists of rice, beans (pinto) or canned refried beans, canned vegetables, Masa (tortilla flour) vegetable oil. For the perishables we have a PayPal account and we will purchase foods locally
[email protected]
THANK YOU for any help

Weatherman

Rice,canned foods, non perishables. Include flour, cornmeal, coffee, pancake mix, in other words 'non perishables'.

Last edited:

Weatherman

Klaus Maybe this is important enough for a sticky? I was able to contact Roger, who will add it to Scores Website.