San Ignacio to Scorpion Bay/San Juanico

Mike321

Has anyone taken the San Ignacio to San Juanico dirt roads recently?

How are the road conditions?

Thanks,
Mike

PAB

40's rock!
We were there this week...solid amount of rain in the San Ig area

We rode bikes and took a couple of Raptors through the "Sand Hwy" with no problems and saw others in there as well. One surf guy with no co-dog just cruising along.

Seemed as normal as ever, maybe less whoops but for sure be prepared for soft sand and on the Datil salt flats some of the routes seemed more wet than normal so we stayed more on the edge.

No intel on the high line....Currenta way.

Mike321

We were there this week...solid amount of rain in the San Ig area

We rode bikes and took a couple of Raptors through the "Sand Hwy" with no problems and saw others in there as well. One surf guy with no co-dog just cruising along.

Seemed as normal as ever, maybe less whoops but for sure be prepared for soft sand and on the Datil salt flats some of the routes seemed more wet than normal so we stayed more on the edge.

No intel on the high line....Currenta way.
Thanks, Cameron. I saw you and the RIP to Cabo crew at The Office in Cabo last week while we were eating. Looks like you had a great trip, lots of smiles.

I was wondering why there was a helicopter circling Cabo for awhile :)

Thanks again,
Mike

Chris_Wilson

We drove the high road through La currenta between xmas and new years and it was overgrown and had seen little traffic and yet there were still some rutted silt areas. It would be slower than the El Datil route in my opinion and if lots of cars ran it it would quickly become a real mess in the silt areas. For our northbound trip we took the low road which was fine as always.

PAB

40's rock!
Thanks, Cameron. I saw you and the RIP to Cabo crew at The Office in Cabo last week while we were eating. Looks like you had a great trip, lots of smiles.

I was wondering why there was a helicopter circling Cabo for awhile :)

Thanks again,
Mike
We had a great trip...yes the circus was in town for a little bit with the heli but we got the shot! brappp

Have a great trip

Mike321

Just a follow-up. We took two loaded chase trucks out on April 23. It was very sandy but we had zero problems.

Beautiful drive/area.

Thanks again for the reports.

El Mamito USMC

pics?

bhernquist

I took the high road on Sunday morning from Scorpion Bay to San Ignacio.... beautiful, lots of wildlife, does not appear to have been traveled much in the last few years. Much rougher and slower going than through Daltil with lots of big washouts in the canyon before it drops down onto the San Ignacio Lagoon flats with some deep silt pockets in a few places. It does go through a rancher's property that has gates, he was nice enough to allow us to pass, but please make sure to ask and be courteous of his ranch and animals if you go that way.

Attachments

AZ7000'

Develop Scorpion Bay