San Ysidro border closing weekend after SCORE TJ race

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
I read this earlier today and was really surprised. Should make for interesting race weekend traffic to say the least especially considering the Mexican government usually requires all trailers use that port of entry.

Kolman

Reaction
It's the weekend after the race and only affects southbound traffic. Shouldn't be much of an issue for racers, I would imagine.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Supposed to be in Rosarito

In case you missed the memo:

SPECIAL ADVANCE NOTICE

Round 3 of four-race 2017 SCORE World Desert Championship

moving north as the TIJUANA 21st SCORE DESERT CHALLENGE

New Race Dates are Sept. 21-24, 2017

Multi-lap SCORE Baja race in new venue features races on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday;

Registration dates and Event schedule will be posted soon at www.SCORE-International.com

ENSENADA, Baja California, Mexico — Moving to the largest city on the Baja California peninsula, SCORE International has announced that SCORE Desert Challenge, Round 3 of the four-race 2017 SCORE World Desert Championship, will be held in the Greater Tijuana area, with tech/contingency in the downtown area. Race course will be located on the southeast outskirts of Tijuana in the popular local area called Los Casian.

The City of Tijuana and the Tijuana tourism groups have stepped up and offered SCORE a strong, multi-year contract that moves the race from nearby Rosarito Beach, where it was held last year. Motorcycles, quads and a group of car classes will race in split heats on Friday with the remaining car and truck classes running the first heat of their race on Saturday and second heat on Sunday.

“We appreciate all that Rosarito Beach did to launch the Baja version of the popular SCORE Desert Challenge, but as they were unable to host this year’s race, we are extremely pleased that the City of Tijuana, which has significantly more resources, is able to welcome this popular SCORE racing event,” comments Roger Norman, SCORE President/CEO. In addition, “Located close to the U.S. Border at San Diego, it will also provide an easier access and departure from the race, making attending and/or participating in this event easier than the other Baja races in our SCORE World Desert Championship.”

SCORE is also working closely with the Tijuana Hotel Association to secure room blocks for race teams, sponsors, media and the SCORE staff at five-star accommodations in the city.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Oh,and BTW, in addition to moving the race to TJ, they also moved the date to the same weekend as the southbound San Ysidro port closure. Am I a psychic, clairvoyant, or just mental? Anyway, there you have it direct from SCORE.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Oh,and BTW, in addition to moving the race to TJ, they also moved the date to the same weekend as the southbound San Ysidro port closure. Am I a psychic, clairvoyant, or just mental? Anyway, there you have it direct from SCORE.

I totally missed the memo, lol!

Wish I was going, but I am saving my vacation in hopes of heading down for the 1000.

Thanks for posting!