Sanctioning Body Years??

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Ok, so compared to some people here I am pretty new to dezert racing ( been a fan for about two years now). I am pretty curious as to when each sanctioning body ( racing series) or dezert racing today started?? I know SCORE is celebrating their 30th anniversary this year, but what about all of the others? Like BITD, MDR, MORE, SNORE, Whiplash, CODE, FUD and all of the others? Also, I know there have been some series that started a long time ago ( like NORRA for example) and have not been around for a while now, what happened to those racing series also? Thanks in advance.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
lets see :
SNORE 1969 THE OLDEST

SCORE 1973

NORRA 1967 TILL 73

WRA: 1974

HDRA 1976

MTEG 1984?

THERE IS SOME

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
When did the Mint 400 start(not to sure on the name) I read and saw the movie Fear and Loathing and that race is part of the movie, but I have no idea when it started, the movie is supposed to take place in the 70's.?

DESERT SLUT'S....GOTTA LOVE UM!!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
THE MINT WAS 1967 TILL THE LAST REAL MINT 400 IN 1989 THEN THE THE NISSIAN 400

martininsocal

Reaction
OK HDRA- wasn't the real name of the First few Mints the "Stardust 7-11"? Just wondering, I think it was the same race and it originally was held over 2 days. Wide World of sports did a program on it and everyone was upset because at night, the racers apparently made their way to the pavement running parallel to the course and in the morning, the heleicopter camera caught all the tracks running from the course to the road. That was back in the days when 2 days was just enough to finish 400 miles of virgin desert in Vegas.

If your gonna go, go BIG