• Forum membership has its advantages....

Sand Blastin'

Gabe Lara

Sand Blastin\'

Ok, so who will be going to the IP Sand Blast this weekend? Teams? Vendors?
Last I spoke to Jen, it looked like a decent turnout was going to happen.

TRDshaunTRD

Re: Sand Blastin\'

I'll be racing in the prerunner class. I know that the fabtech truck will be there aswell as the tubeworks truck to race. It should be a big turnout! Jen told me that there should be around 20 entries just in the prerunner class.

gary

i still need to get an RDC sticker or two...will john or any other RDC reps be there?

Mike_HKmtrsprts

well be running Steve's f-150 as long as we get the bypass shocks mounted in the rear. if not were still going to come and cheer everyone on.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Me and my EZ-GO toyota trophy poser will entered. Hopefully I will drive it home without any new scratches on the roof.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
"DISCO FEVER"

TRDshaunTRD

will you have your extended arms by then?

JenDiggityDirt

We walked the course Saturday and it's REALLY nice! I think the racers are really going to have a good time. So far we already have over $300 in prize money just for the Prerunner Class and I expect that to double at the very least. I've already got about 20 vendors signed up so bring cash for Xmas shopping! Talked to the bands today and they're all ready to go. Some of you may have heard Hornswaggled...they have played Glamis several times. I hear the weather is going to be nice and sunny...temps in the 80's are predicted for this weekend! I know a bunch of people are going up Friday night for camping. Yeeeehaw I'm so excited. This should truly be a fun day!

<font color=red>JEN</font color=red>

BIG_FAT_LOSER

The arms are done, but the wife is not releasing the funds for brake lines till after x-mas.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
"DISCO FEVER"

JCA

The motor is still out of the race truck and at the shop but we will be there to watch. We are trying to come up Friday night. Jen is overnight on Sat. allowed? Might just make a weekend out of it.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Protech975

We'll be there trying to make a 9 car fly around a short course/ that sounds like an Oxy-Moron but should be fun anyway. And actually jumping a Challenger on purpose and having people see it! instead of just talking about it bench racing after a desert race just sounds fun! R.S. #975

mustafa

Jan, I've never been to this place before. Will you be allowed to ride there on that weekend? I was wondering if I should bother bringing my bike with me.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

sirhk100

JC.

I'll try calling you tonight but if you don't hear from me, give me a ring tomorrow morning around 6AM or so.

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

JenDiggityDirt

There WILL be paid practice on Sunday so YES, BRING YOUR BIKES!!! The VMC is a pretty impressive track...hopefully the condition after the race will do it justice (I think they're making the MX track either around or inside our course so it may be nothing to worry about). Everyone's welcome to stay the night Saturday, too. Ooooooh I'm so excited! It's almost here!

fishd00d

What A Joke

Jen, are we just going to get one warmup lap? What about Friday night will there be any open practice or anything?

Go Big Or Go Home

JenDiggityDirt

No practice Friday night, but every class gets at least one parade lap and then a practice lap before their time starts. At least, so far. that's the last thing we're still going back and forth on.

Greg

I need to tell everyone a little about the course. It is NOT a tuff truck course, nor is it like any "short-course" I've ever seen. It is really wide and groomed to perfection (perfect dirt, not much sand). There are alot of elevation changes and the "jumps" are like small hills that can be taken at a slow (roll over the top) or fast (jump off the top)pace. there are a couple straights, one with a big G-out, one easy roller section a few good banked turns and some good elevation changes. Any truck can easily get around the course, but the faster you go the more difficult it becomes. After seeing it last Sat. it looked like a video game had come to life, this could be the best thing any of us have ever driven on. Since there will only be one vehicle at a time on the course, there is no fear of getting your body work damaged (you could just take it off before you race too, if you wanted). Because of the liability issues, we CAN'T have open practice, but every class will follow a "pace" vehicle around the course for a few laps to get familiar with the course, then you will run about 90% of the course at your pace then your time will start. You will run 2 consecutive laps and the quickest time of those will be your score. Also, any racer is free to walk the course before racing begins, so the earlier you get there, the more time you'll have to assess the course. The start/finish line is an optional jump, this is where you will be judged for distance for the "jump contest" part of the event. It is somewhat large but can be driven over easily if desierd, you may also go around the jump but it is not as straight and will be a slightly slower route. Please remember this is the first event like this ever, and we are doing are very best to keep it fun, entertaining, and safe. We ask that everyone bere with us and be cool out there. If this goes well, you can be assured of more like it. Thanks...greg

Greg

fishd00d

What A Joke

Greg or Jen,

Will there be a groming of the track between classes? It seems like it might get kinda chewed up by the end of the day. Or is it the kind of track that will pretty much stay the same?

Go Big Or Go Home