sand boards/max tracks etc

43mod

Reaction
I need to buy a set or 2 for chase/pre run and maybe even an RV. What brands are good, what is junk, what is low cost and works ? I have a couple now of no names that have held up fine w very light to no use.

43mod

Reaction
I guess I will ask this question on a site where people use off road equipment .

Reaction
Patience.

My experience is the same as yours, only third hand.

Back in the day, I just carried strips of castoff carpeting.

Someone will chime in here.

y2kbaja

Reaction
We bought the cheapo ones from Summit for $100. Strapped them to the back of the car and never took them off so no experience here. They still have the factory zip tie holding them together.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
We mounted some "Traction Jacks" on the racecar, selected because they folded to a small enough space to fit on the racecar. I also have some Max Trax in the chase/prerun truck. I've seen that if you spin your tires on Max Trax, it will melt away the traction knobs, probably the case with any of the plastic traction aids - so don't do that. If you use them, try crawling out on them.

JDDurfey

Reaction
I have no experience with them, but one trick I read that I stowed away in the back corner of my brain, is to attach 15 feet or so of thin stout cable to each one and to the back of the race car, that way once you get going you will drag your devices along with you till you can stop and remount them on the vehicle or race car. Then the co-driver doesn't have to lug them through a 1/4 mile silt bed trying to catch up to the race car.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I sell the maxx trax and tread brands. I like the maxx traxx better design wise because they're matched. The front is the same as the back. So they stack easier.

The treds are not reversible but directional so they don't store as easily.

They both get the job done. If you wheel spin on either they will burn/melt the knobbies off. There are kits to repair those on amazon. Kinda like replacing golf shoe cleats

. And they both come with leashes so you can tie them to your car and they follow you when you drive away from them to secure terrain. They're both like 300 bucks a pair.

They flex and don't break. The cheap ones will crack.

Maxx
IMG_4618.JPG

Treads
IMG_4617.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slim01

Reaction
I've got TREDs but as mentioned above, I haven't needed to use them myself. When I'm home I take the pups to the beach every day and within a week I had 5 people ask to use them because they couldn't drive in sand and had beached themselves. They worked well but they'll only do so much when some muppet drives a 2wd sedan in sand. My winch is the same, only used it once myself but have pulled many others out with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160702_153054.jpg
    IMG_20160702_153054.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 180