Sand Drags At Rialto

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
The Sand Drags are on again this weekend. This Time they are not out in BFE, we are the new neibor of the ROR. If you go out to the IP event on saturday you will not only see us but hear us as well. The race will be Saturday and Sunday. If you go I see you there and if you don't go, I won't see you there.

Races start at 9am both days

Dave

Rufrider

Reaction
Need more info...what kind of turnout? what is the santion?
what classes etc.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
You can run what ever you want, our main classes are Top Fuel, Top Eliminator, A-Fuel, Jeeps, Buggies, Quads, Jr quads, pee wee, street stock, powder puff and so on.

It is $10 for adults and $5 for kids.
We get racers from all over the western USA.
With our races in Anza they haven't quit been up to par, but that was out in BFE, The new track is in the middle of metropolis and close to the freeways so we have gotten a lot more hits on the web and the phones so there will be a lot more in attendance.

We run all day both days

there are some pics of what we do on my home page if you want to see.

Rufrider

Reaction
The Sand Drags were a joke....should of been called rock drags. As of 3pm no cars ran.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
What a day, everything went to hell cause I got heat stroke and I was the only one that knew how to hook everything up. finally sent cars down at about 330 and ran till 6 or so. all the fuel cars run tomorrow.

It is not called bad luck, but called life.

Rufrider

Reaction
I heard none of the fuel cars were running untill they got all of the rocks out of the track?

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Yeah, some were worth 70,000 in value and they didn't want to loose it to a rock so we fired up the rock picker this morning and broght in some fresh material and they made about 3 passes today. Typical first race blues.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Dont get discouraged. My Dad used to race sand drags years ago in the Hemet wash. We were part of the Palm Springs Dunes Buggy Association back in those days. Larry Minor had the hot rod back in those days . We used to have fun.....In the late 60`s early 70`s

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Your dad probably knows my dad then. He raced there too, he had the alchohol express funny car, and our original home track was the old hemet track, ahh the good old days.