Sandrail Insurance

RRose

Reaction
Does anyone have their sandrail insured? If so, can I have the company information please?

deleted

----
Reaction
we did Progressive Insurance on are prerunner and 4 seater, they seemed to be good to deal with.....

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I have used "www.insuremytoys.com for awhile.

They insure the car on the trailer in my garage and for theft, fire or damage outside of driving in the US and Baja.

Funny thing, the annual premium goes up a little every year but the value of the car goes down. Extortion!

Jim_Dizney

Reaction
I inquired about rates and here's the reply I got from buggyinsuranceguy.com in case others are interested:

" We regret that we are currently unable to offer quotes on buggies valued over $30,000. We are aggressively seeking an insurance program to accommodate these buggies and hope to be able to insure you soon"

RRose

Reaction
ya... I got the same thing from them and another company I spoke with didn't insure anything over $30K either. Why is $30K the magic number?

empire231

Reaction
for insurance companies to offer higher limits on coverage, they need to apply that w/ DOI (dept. of insurance) and that needs to get approved by them, which is kinda hard because the majority of sandrails/dune buggies are way under 30k. so it's kinda like trying to insure a ferrari or lambo.