Sandy Cone

biffgnar

For this year or next? I'm racing Sonora Rally this year which makes NORRA (which I've been to twice and love) tougher but next year could be interesting. I guess I need to reply to actual listing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Repashy

Oops........ I forgot to add the Date. I have edited the ad.

His goal is for 2017, not this year.

Allen

51rcr

Great guy. I Was trying to hunt down a part and was visiting with him and he was telling me about this. Be great to see
What a thing to do and great memories that many years later. I have my old go carts and a modified from when I was younger. I was thinking the other day in almost 20 years I have only went into the trailer its in maybe 5 times. Only once to see it others for a tool. Need to again. Sure be a dream like this.

biffgnar

Do you have a sense of what kind of partnership he's looking for? Selling a passenger seat to help with a budget is one thing. I think there is a pretty established market for what that's worth for NORRA. Sounds like he might be looking for bigger dollars than that with the mention of signage/badging and vehicle appearances. I think a lot people would love to see the truck run as it was without new wraps, but if that's what it takes for him then that's life but it does make the search for a partner different.

Repashy

I really don't know exactly what he is looking for as far as help goes. I just placed the ad for him to light a fire under his ass and see if there was someone out there for him because he isn't bit on the interweb and social media.

I also have no idea what a passenger seat sells for and would be interesting in knowing what the established market value of that is myself. As far as the build and livery goes, His plan seems to be to bring it back exactly the way it was..... The car had a lot of "incarnations" during it's career, so I am not sure exactly which one he is targeting for the resurrection. The sineage/badging comment was solely my own comment so that he could consider any and all offers. I don't know his budget or what exactly he is looking for..... so I figured its best to try and get him in contact with as many people as possible and let him sort out the details.......

Allen

biffgnar

I also have no idea what a passenger seat sells for and would be interesting in knowing what the established market value of that is myself.
Based on seats I've rented (2 years at NORRA), seats I've talked to people about renting, seats I know friends who've rented and seats I've seen advertised here on RDC, I'd say the market is $3-5k depending on the car/team. Sometimes you see people breaking it up into individual days and hitting numbers lower than that, but that's individual days not the full race. There might be outliers above that range for unique situations, but you go much above that you start getting in to situations where people can find, or at least want to look for, driving opportunities rather than just right seat.