satellite phone rental ??

brad inch

RDC Crypto
so school me on renting a satellite phone, cost per week,cost per minute to use,extras?,need one for the western us for a month.
thanks brad

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto

We use these guys everytime. Based in Texas I think.

Advertising supports this site

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Last 1000 I think I was into it for about $1200 for the below from sat phone store in San Diego-

3 basic phones with 1 hr of talk minutes ($250 per phone)
2 SIM cards for iridium go(mine) with unlimited texting($200 per card)

IRONGOOK

RDC Crypto
Forget the Sat Phones. Rent the Sat Radios. Its the same size as the Sat phones, looks like the Sat phones but is set up on your own private network. We rented 5 for the Baja 1000 last year and they have a set up that connects to the race vehicle radio with an A/B switch. We had constant clear communications down the whole peninsula. Unlimited talk time. It was well work it. Cost was a little under $900 for a week. We would never race Baja again with out it. Rent the ICOM IC-SAT100 PTT Satellite Radio for Iridium | Satellite Phone Store

landshark

RDC Crypto
We also rented 5 Sat PTT units for race and chase at the last B1K from the Satellite Phone Store, amazing for sure, we tried to rent them again for NORRA however they raised their rates by about 300%, two radios with antennas and chargers were over $2000... asked about the increase and they said the sat providers raised the service rates... seems excessive. At any rate the PTT ICOM's are the way to go if you have the budget.

Advertising supports this site

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
We also rented 5 Sat PTT units for race and chase at the last B1K from the Satellite Phone Store, amazing for sure, we tried to rent them again for NORRA however they raised their rates by about 300%, two radios with antennas and chargers were over $2000... asked about the increase and they said the sat providers raised the service rates... seems excessive. At any rate the PTT ICOM's are the way to go if you have the budget.
Who else rents ICOM's besides Satellite phone store guys.?