Satellite Tv choices ?

MARXICO

Reaction
I live in the country and have no other choice than use a satellite company for my Tv reception. For years I have used Direct Tv but after years of $125 plus a month service with unpredictable quality service I am looking for alternate choices. I would like to know what experiences and solutions others have. My main vice is the sports channels, Fox NBC, CBS and Mav my only interest is racing not stick and ball. Direct says they can give me a better deal; if I quit them for 2 months then re-subscribe in my wife’s name but I don’t want to deal with a company with that type of business ethics. I got an antenna but don’t watch Asian, Mexican religious or home shopping so that’s a waste of effort. We now are using Netflix, but they have their limits, I am ready to explore and would greatly appreciate any suggestions and experiences.

Reaction
Can you stream off a phone or tablet? More and more available everyday in that platform.

MARXICO

Reaction
I had Verizon as my phone hotspot, unlimited internet feed goes limp in 4 days the rest of the month it’s a slow ride .I switched to Hughes net they are 25% better but still has a lot to be desired .That is my question, Are sports channels available by other methods than Direct or dish networks ?
If I cancel Direct for 2 months what are my choices for Tv other than streaming off my internet provider, Is there something I can livestream off of to see all the motorsports channel s including Elrey ?
I am completely naive to what opportunities are available so am open to any suggestions and would like to hear about preferences of Hulu, Netflix, YouTube Tvsling,Now and if there are others I should try

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
I have directv and have never heard of this two month cancel program. Every year before my contract ends I call them and threaten to cancel. They then give me a great deal. I pay $80 a month for everything. You have to hardball.

MARXICO

Reaction
I have played hard ball with them and they have offered discounts, but they will not upgrade the equipment the new program comes out to $69 a month (includes sports channels) and Bluetooth connections to my 2 TVs. I pay a minim of $125 for 1 tv now with antique equipment, I have been bargaining with them for a couple of years and they will offer everything except equipment and that’s what is wore out its at least 20 years old, if the wind blows or it rains local tv gets jacked up the new equipment promises no whether related interference just one of many upgrades and they don’t want to reinvest in a longtime customer
Direct tv will give me the discount but wants to charge over $200 for the new equipment. But if I quit for 2 months they will give it to my wife for free as a new customer, I don’t buy into those type of ethics. It takes it from hard ball to extortion

But Screw them I am looking to be independent from the 2 major satellite corporations, some where there is a kid that knows the answer on accessing the sports networks by live stream. If I could get the sports package by livestream, I would not go back to Direct tv that would solve my problem

I am a livestream virgin and am amazed with Netflix and am waiting to hear some good suggestions with the other networks so please share any suggestions

Last edited:

btshannon

Reaction
I like Hulu. They have a live TV plan that is less than $40 per month. Getting used to a streaming only plan is a little weird because you can’t really browse for stuff to watch. I saved over $60 a month by taking the dish off my roof.

btshannon

Reaction
You can also put up an antenna for local news and stuff like that.

btshannon

Reaction
My wife just reminded me that many of the streaming services offer free 30 day trials. Try all of them before committing to one. If you don’t have a smart TV, get a Roku device. They are cheap and easy to set up.